“Great lunch”

Cross street: Wisconsin
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great lunch”
Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

We stopped for a quick lunch during our three day stay. The daily ceviche was flavorful and fresh(shrimp and scallop). My husband ordered the ribs and enjoyed them. The daquari I ordered was perfect and larger than expected! During lunch you order at the counter then sit down and they bring out your food. The service was very prompt.

Newman Lake, Washington
“Shocked at the lack of flavor”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We met another couple here for dinner, we were all excited to get some Cuban food here in Milwaukee, I was anticipating it for a couple days. We were shocked, and not for a good reason...

We ordered the guac with plantain chips - by far the best thing we ate all night

We then ordered some picadillo and espinica empanadas - The ground beef was unseasoned, the spinach was well spinach with no real flavor, both were big misses for us all

For dinner we had a couple sandwiches and a couple platos

The cubano and el pollo were served on good bread, apparently flown in daily from the east coast. That is where the good stops. The cubano was ham, pork and swiss. The mustard might have been non-existent. The sandwich was something I could have made at home in two seconds, it had very little flavor. The pollo seriously tasted like a McDonald's chicken breast sandwich. I think the chicken was the frozen kind. Once again no taste

The two dinners were pollo tropical and the ropa vieja. We all shared bites, and the ropa tasted like shredded beef with tomato sauce, nothing more or less. The pollo had no tropical taste at all. All meals came with rice and beans, we had both red and black and both yellow and white rice. I must say, it didn't help that their was no flavor in the beans... not that we expected it.

Overall, I can't say how disappointed we were, we had a nice time though, but the food was not what we expected. We are die hard foodies, love all sorts of food, the spicier the better and the more exotic flavors the better. You will not find either here, and that is sad.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank dsl82899
Dekalb, Illinois
“Awesome mojito”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Very good mojito. Ambience decidedly caribbean. The food was good enough to please my very picky MOM and that my friends is quite an accomplishment. I say this because as good as it was I still think my mom can make better beans and better croquettes but listen- NO ONE can top those so please don't hold that against this restaurant. At the end of the meal she enthusiastically said she would move to Milwaukee for this food alone. Nuff said.

• Visited August 2012
Miami, Florida
“Authentic Cuban Food in Milwaukee's Downtown”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This is an excellent and fun restaurant to visit for lunch or dinner on Milwaukee Street in downtown Milwaukee. The front doors open in the summer to allow open-air dining as well as dining on the front patio. One orders at the bar and the food is brought to you. I recommend trying their specials each day as well as some of the side dishes. I enjoy the fried plantains, Cuban sandwich is quite good as is the shreaded pork and rice. My favorite are the empanadas. I order the chicken , spinach and the chicken. One of each for a tasty but light lunch. Located on the active and fun Milwaukee street just north of Wisconsin avenue in downtown Milwaukee

wisconsin
“Worst service ever”
Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

We stopped for.a mojito and empanadas and took a seat at the bar and were promptly ignored for 10 minutes, yikes we had been here once prior and it was good but the staff on duty could only be referred to as utterly incompetent. The place was not busy. My first experience at a restaurant where I will not return because of service as this can be a temp problem.