“Awesome Pizza”

Dining options: Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Klyboune
Description: Located in a historical building in downtown Milwaukee, Joey Buona's offers Italian Family Style dining featuring our traditional family recipes. Our Banquet rooms can accommodate 20 to 220 people and our Catering Company can bring the party to your home or office.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Awesome Pizza”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Work near by, The Food is awesome and a deal. The Pizza's are hot flavorful and home made. The crust is the best. Excellent service.

• Visited November 2013

Glen Ellyn IL USA
“good food, great service”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I happened upon this restaurant while walking around Milwaukee.
It doesn't look like much from the outside, but it was a great place for lunch.
My husband had an individual thin crust pizza which was excellent. I had a "Joey's special salad" which was equally as good. They seemed to be short on servers, but the manager stepped in and helped. So, our wait time was minimal for service. The food came quickly and the prices were decent. I would definitely stop here again.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank LKreiss
Keystone Heights, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Last night in Milwaukee /take out”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Delicious pizza. Lots of cheese. Excellent deep fried breadsticks. Husband walked to pick it up. Still piping hot when he got to the hotel.

Visited August 2013
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
“Hope you are hungry!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Italian dishes and pizza, deep dish and thin crust, are available here. Atmosphere is relaxing, and I think 'come as you are' is ok and all can feel comfortable. You can go two ways here, family style, for pizza or italian dishes, or order ala carte off the menu. Three of us wanted to go family style pizza, one of our party wanted to go ala carte. Even though the menu says minimum four for family style, our server told us it would be absolutely fine to go three and one. Our family style pizza includes choice of two appetizers, two salads, one thin crust pizza, one deep dish pizza (our choice of three toppings on each) and two desserts. All of this was family style, and our server assured us we could get more of anything. Yikes! I can't think of anything any of us did not like. I thought the bruschetta was especially good as an appetizer, but it was all good. Prices are what you'd expect to pay in downtown Milwaukee. Our server was attentive, but not overbearing. He 'accidentally' brought an extra plate and fork as our family style desserts arrived, and it made it's way in front of the one person at our table who had gone ala carte. (that resulted in an 'accidental' bumping up of the gratuity!) Even with four, we still could not finish the desserts provided. I will definitely dine here again.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Bob_5595_2013
Northridge Ca
“Share your Food- Huge Portions”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Hotel Downtown and asked the front desk where the closest Italian Restaurant was located. He told us just about a block away was Joey Buona's. 6 of us took the quick walk and entered a lively restaurant. Our waitress was absolutely fabulous. We ordered two Cesar Salads and most of us ordered the baked rigatoni with Sausage. Well we were first shocked when she brought the two Cesar Salads. One salad would have been enough for 6 people. Only complaint the food came quickly right after we got our salad (which I hate) so you couldn't enjoy your salad at all. Our eyes and mouths opened wide when they put the food in front of us. Picture a round deep dish Medium pizza full of your meal. At first I said I didn't order a pizza and our server said no it's your baked Rigatoni. OMG my dinner could have been shared with 3 people and we all had one. I could only eat a 1/4 of it and since we were from out of town we couldn't take it with us, but it was very good, but for us it was a waste of food and money even though not expensive. So again be warned good food but share everything.

Visited May 2013