“Lived Up to Expectations”
Review of Barnacle Bud's

Barnacle Bud's
Ranked #248 of 1,571 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American, Deli
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Bay View
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We took our son and daughter-in-law to lunch at Barnacle Bud's before they returned to Texas. I had wanted to eat there for years, but somehow the summers fly by, and, really, eating out on the deck is the only way to go! Our service was a little slow, waiting for a waitress, then waiting a little long for drinks. I had a margarita, which was the special that day. It was OK, but I prefer the frozen blended kind, but not bad for $5! I had the grouper ruben and thought it was every bit as good as ones I've had in Florida. Daughter-in-law's crab cake sandwich was also good. My husband loves shrimp, but is not particularly fond of the coconut variety, but that's all they had, so he ordered it anyway. It came with 6 big shrimp, more than adequate for lunch. Son's chicken sandwich disappeared quickly, so it must have been good! The whole place reminded us of the Swordfish Grill in Cortez, Florida, but it was definitely Wisconsin, too!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

You come here for the atmosphere and the drinks not the food. The food is average so come when you can be outside because places like this are rare up north. Been here twice when visiting family in area and we've had a good time, even eating indoors. You cannot get fried smelt out east so that is a kick. Not your typical joint so come by to relax.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

This place IS hard to find...bit only the first time you go! You will remember how to get there from then on. Simple, laid back place. Ate inside each time I have visited due to weather, but I hear the patio is great to try. Drinks here would be super fun...people watching too! Cant wait to go with fun friends. Took one of the pickiest gals I know and she really liked it! And we surely didn't get sick either;).

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Eating seafood here has made me appreciate quality seafood restaurants. Went on a weekday with less than perfect weather. Atmosphere was not good, Servers were forgetful, slow and disrespectful. Food was even worse. Peel and eat shrimp didn't taste fresh at all. Grouper sandwich was inedible, might not have even been grouper. Not even sure how it was cooked. Coconut shrimp tasted like it was frozen and not fresh at all. There are far better riverfront restaurants in Milwaukee than this dump, like Horny Goat Hideaway. Looked this place up online and found that Barnacle Bud's had THREE PAGES of health code violations, and refused to allow TMJ4's Dirty Dining crew in to prove they had fixed violations. I WILL NEVER GO HERE AGAIN.

1  Thank Angela G
Reviewed January 24, 2013

this is hard to find but when you do you can get very buzzed on the dumpster punch. the waitresses are efficient and many interesting people pull up on their boats..phenomenal patio but they do close a bit earlier than most Milwaukee bars.