“Many Moments of Excellence at Harry's”

Harry's Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Harry's Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #203 of 1,504 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
“Many Moments of Excellence at Harry's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

My girlfriend and I went to Harry's for the first time a few weeks ago for Cinco de Mayo brunch, and we were amazed! We started off with Bloody Marys & Agave Margaritas (perfecto!) and then shared a few dishes. The spicy cheesy potato soup was divine, as were the southwestern eggs benny. Then we splurged on Heath Bar pancakes...oh my! We left knowing we would come back again because everything was excellent.

Then a couple weeks ago we went back for Sunday lunch with high expectations. Again, the Bloody Mary and the Agave Margarita were prepared to perfection, as were the New Orleans Shrimp--so delicious! We thought we couldn't go wrong with the Pulled Pork Sliders and the Chicken & Biscuits, but alas...both dishes were just bland.

I will definitely give Harry's another chance because we've had more culinary A+'s there than not, and I also like the easy neighborhood vibe of Shorewood.

• Visited May 2013

Wisconsin
“Nice neighborhood restaurant - good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I like to go here for dinner. He likes the salmon and their mushroom ravioli and I love their roadhouse burger with apples, bbq sauce etc. They have a great variety of beer and the atmosphere is friendly. We also like their Fish Fry on Fridays. The only downside is it can get a little noisy when the bar is crowded and all the TV's are going.

Visited February 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“New dark decor reminds me of an English pub males club.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

After a long absence, a friend and I visited Harry's, a favorite of ours, for Sunday breakfast. We were immediately struck by the change in decor from bright to dark (e.g. blinds, chairs). This was disappointing to us, as atmosphere is an important aspect of dining out.

Thankfully the food is still very tasty. My friend and I will continue to go to Harry's to dine. Although our wish is that they will change the blinds to a lighter shade to lighten the atmosphere.

Wisconsin
“This place was great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

We were in Milwaukee for a weekend trip for our 25th anniversary. Decided to go to Harry's based on reviews we found and it was only a short trip from where we were staying at the County Clare. Absolutely LOVED this place, the decor and the music that was playing while we were there! The hostess was very wecloming upon arrival and said it would be just a short wait. We sat up to the bar and ordered a drink. Five minutes later we were called to be seated. Our waitress was excellent, which is always a plus, a sweet and pretty little Swedish-looking gal with blonde braids. And our food was DELICIOUS! (We had the Chicken Carbonara and the half a chicken meal.)

Will definitely be coming back to this place the next time we're in Milwaukee! Thank you to all at Harry's Bar & Grill for a great time!!

• Visited April 2012
Mequon, Wisconsin
“happy at harry's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

Enjoyed a late dinner here tonight..My wife had a salmon sandwich,I had the buffalo chicken sandwich.The sandwiches came with,salad,or,fries. We both had the salad. They were on the small side,but,adequate...The food was very good,especially the chicken.It was very spicy,but,delicious.

• Visited March 2012