“Must Visit Great place to eat, Drink and Relax after work”

Swingin' Door Exchange
Ranked #5 of 1,550 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are located in the historic Mackie Building in downtown Milwaukee. Come visit us for great food, fine spirits, good people and the history of the buildings architecture, as well as the famous "Grain Exchange" located upstairs.
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The Best Food/Drink in Milwaukee. Awesome owners...........Fish Fry, Sliders, and haystacks! You must vist. I go at least 3 times a week. If you are one time visitor, or regular the service is great. Food is Awesome. Never disapointed.

swingindoorexchange, Owner at Swingin' Door Exchange, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Let's get that up to four times a week okay. Thanks for your generous review. See you tomorrow I hope. KC

Reviewed May 12, 2013

This fun medium sized downtown bar has delicious, healthy, reasonably priced food. Do not miss the vermouth carrots, the beet salad is great, too. They run dinner specials during the week, have soups, salads, eggs, burgers, steak and pizza. We had breakfast, but I will be back for dinners. The staff are friendly, the place is very clean,the portions are big, there is a full bar. On the walls they have fun bar/bicycle/brothel paintings and memorabilia, and a ghost story behind one of the photos on the wall, where all the people are toasting with cans of PBR, and there is an odd beer being toasted, with nobody holding it, of another brand (maybe Schlitz? I can't recall the brand). Another photo of the bicycle messengers is also fun and funny. This is a good place, you won't regret it.

It was a Blatz can that's floating there! Looking forward to serving you dinner. Thanks for your kind words. KC

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a place to check out. Went to Milwaukee for a Brewer Game and happen to walk this place. Very glad we stopped in. Great food and the owners are great people. Can't wait to go back next time i am in town!!

Glad you found us. Can't wait to see you again.
KC

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Great food and atmosphere in this tavern which looks much like it did when it opened over 80 years ago (as can be seen in the pictures lining the walls). I highly recommend the sliced carrots as a side to one of their many delicious sandwiches.

Glad you enjoyed our place. Those carrots are kind of our signature side. Hope to see you again soon. KC

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I came here on a Saturday night and it was not too busy. We got seats at the bar and ate our food their too. The service was fair, they could have been a little more interested, rather they seemed too busy (even though it was not that busy in the bar). We got our food within 10 minutes and it was delicious. I highly recommend the carrots for a side-they are cooked in dry vermouth and are absolutely delicious! I had the pulled pork that was great and my boyfriend had the prime dip which he loved. Our total bill was only 35 with tip which is not bad for a dinner in Milwaukee. Would highly recommend this place if you are in town.

swingindoorexchange, Owner at Swingin' Door Exchange, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thanks for giving us your feedback. I am glad to here you enjoyed your meal. I hope you will try us again. We enjoy reading your thoughts. KC