WINNER WONDERLAND

Swingin' Door Exchange
Ranked #5 of 1,485 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are located in the historic Mackie Building in downtown Milwaukee. Come visit us for great food, fine spirits, good people and the history of the buildings architecture, as well as the famous "Grain Exchange" located upstairs.
Waukesha, Wisconsin, United States
“Great food, moderate service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I came here on a Saturday night and it was not too busy. We got seats at the bar and ate our food their too. The service was fair, they could have been a little more interested, rather they seemed too busy (even though it was not that busy in the bar). We got our food within 10 minutes and it was delicious. I highly recommend the carrots for a side-they are cooked in dry vermouth and are absolutely delicious! I had the pulled pork that was great and my boyfriend had the prime dip which he loved. Our total bill was only 35 with tip which is not bad for a dinner in Milwaukee. Would highly recommend this place if you are in town.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
swingindoorexchange, Owner at Swingin' Door Exchange, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thanks for giving us your feedback. I am glad to here you enjoyed your meal. I hope you will try us again. We enjoy reading your thoughts. KC

Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
“Nice Downtown Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Went here before a show at the Riverside. In close proximity - a short walk to the theatre. We found the cocktails to be strong, the beer cold and the bartender was nice. We had planned ahead to eat our dinner here due to the good tripadvisor reviews.

They had a ribeye special for $10.95! We were seated at the bar near the kitchen and a kitchen guy kept coming out to the bar bringing out food orders, and so I asked him about this ribeye for $10.95 (thinking that at that price it just can't be any good). He laughed and suggested I try it.

Very very tasty, grilled as ordered medium rare, and I was very glad I ordered it. We also had some deep fried shrimp that had a good shrimp flavor - not just all breading. Homemade potato chips were a great treat as well.

A fun place with good food - I have to recommend it.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
I'm glad you tried it too. Thanks for your kind words and for giving us the opportunity to accommodate you. Hope it was a great concert!
KC
USA
“A downtown must stop and try”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

In town and staying at the Hilton Garden Inn on Broadway. Returning late, noticed the place, gave it a try and dined here 3 times over 6 days. Absolutely enjoyed the food and drink . A bit noisy on the speakers, but find the right table. Service and food is great and at excellent and fair prices. Maybe the 4th visit on my last evening stay.??!!

Thanks for your support. It's nice to know you enjoyed our establishment enough to keep coming back even on such a short stay. And by the way, I can agree with you, we are looking into some sound solutions. Thanks again. KC
Chicago, Illinois
“Hidden Gem for sure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I must thank my fellow trip advisors for the great heads up on Swingin' Door! Went here this past Saturday night and couldn't have been happier! We showed up about 45 minutes before our reservation and they were more than happy to accomodate us! We were greeted warmly, and fell in love with the place for it's quaintness and lovely people! Oh, and I should also mention that the food was the BEST food we had all weekend, and the price.... oh my gosh, we had an incredible dinner and drinks for less than we spent on parking for a night in downtown! WOW!!!! It's a great spot!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, Illinois
“Better then average food + good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Friendly, better then average bar food with daily specials at decent prices makes this a good place for a quick no-fuss dinner or drinks

Visited February 2013