“Come hungry & leave FULL!!! Really good breakfasts!”
Review of Miss Katie's Diner

Miss Katie's Diner
Ranked #161 of 1,549 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Diner, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Our family (2 adults + 3 kids) visited Miss Katie's Diner for breakfast. The diner is "quaint" and a little run down... but the food is SOOOOO GOOD! Omlettes the size of your head!, FRESH Corned-Beef Hash - my husband claims to be the BEST EVER!, thick & tasty chocolate malts, and very reasonable prices. Please try Miss Katie's Diner for breakfast. (We have not tried lunch or dinner.)

1  Thank FamilyOf5Wisconsin

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Based on the reviews here, we were excited to try it out. At 9:30 am on a Saturday morning we were able to just grab the last table. We were asked for our drink orders right away, which was nice. The server came back with my coffee and water and seemed disappointed that we were not ready to order. As punishment, we had to wait quite a while until she came back. We placed our order and the food was brought out fairly quickly, considering how busy it was.

I ordered Miss Katie's Skillet, with the eggs over easy. My daughter ordered it with scrambled eggs. My eggs were cooked perfectly. The toast was not buttered and no butter was on the table so I had to ask for some. The sausage was flavorless and the hash browns were disgusting. They were watery and under cooked. The coffee was stereotypical diner coffee, meaning it was hot, black, and had just enough flavor to be called coffee.

One thing that was really annoying was to have a life-size cutout of Hillary Clinton staring at me the whole time. I get that you're proud that she and several other politicos at there, but wouldn't a picture on the wall suffice?

I won't return.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

My two sisters and two granddaughters stopped here after seeing a play on Saturday. The temp outside was in the 20's and the inside of the restaurant was just as chilly. I was not very impressed with the diner. There is no children's menu, the fries were soggy and undercooked, the chicken strips had no seasoning (though you did receive a lot of them) and the cold roast beef sandwich had very little roast beef. I thought the prices were high for what you received. I would not visit again.

Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

We went with another couple to Milwaukee for the weekend and wanted some good breakfast and found Miss Katie's Diner. It was a retro diner, a bit rundown, but with good food. The service was friendly, but the waitress, who had been a server for a long time I would guess, was friendly, but tended to be pretty impatient to the point where you could barely get your order out before she was walking away. I had the Bacon and Cheddar omelet and it was terrific. There was also a table that Bill Clinton had sat at and is marked as such which was fun. If you are looking for good food, and don't care if the place is a bit on the rundown side, this is a great place.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Love the atmosphere. Brunch is great. Very reasonably priced. Never had to wait for a table for a Saturday or Sunday brunch