“Nothing to write home about”
Review of Miss Katie's Diner

Miss Katie's Diner
Ranked #183 of 1,535 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Diner, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was very diaappointed by this resaturant. The food was below average and over priced. It sounds good when you read the ads, but disappointment was all I felt as we finished a meal that was cold and lacking in taste.

There are newer reviews for Miss Katie's Diner

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We were visiting Marquette and Katie's was recommended to us. We had a late breakfast. The place was busy, but we did not have a wait. Our party of 3 all ordered breakfast items. Nothing out of the ordinary, but good, quality ingredients that were well prepared. Neat atmosphere- it is a pretty authentic old diner. Nice wait staff. Like a little hop back in time!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I enjoyed brunch at Miss Katie's Diner in January while in Milwaukee for the weekend. The place is definitely a classic throwback to the 50s and 60s, with few (if any) updates to the interior or exterior since. In that regard, the place could use some TLC.

My family (total of 7; 5 adults and 2 kids) sought brunch, and we found brunch. Pretty standard line-up of basic egg dishes, pancakes, and french toast. Nothing special nor spectacular, but it was fine for the price. Most options range from $6 to $9.

I personally had the Corned Beef Hash Skillet, which is two eggs over hash browns and cubed corned beef. Served with toast. Just fine. I also tried my wife's pancakes. Again, just fine. Better than IHOP, but that's not saying much. My daughter had the Vegetable Omelet, which was the best of the three items I sampled.

If you're looking for an easy, predictable breakfast, this seems to be the place. I would certainly suggest Miss Katie's over IHOP or McDonalds.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We were lucky with our timing as we did not realize that there was a Marquette Basketball game and we arrived before the rush of the fans arrived. We had a great booth in the back and great service. We never felt rushed - even after the place filled up prior to the game.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We were looking for a hearty, homemade breakfast on New Year's Day and we found it at Miss Katie's. Friendly staff seated us immediately and delivered our coffee quickly . . . the sign of a great breakfast location. We were surprised by complimentary fruit and coffee cake while we waited for our breakfasts. The bacon/cheese omelete was a particular treat, just chock full of smoky bacon. Hash Browns and toast were average. Table mates enjoyed the homemade corned beef hash with poached eggs . . . they could hardly bear to share. Attentive service and great people watching made it the perfect place to start the new year.