“Unique and one of Milwaukee's BEST” 5 of 5 bubbles

Jalapeno Loco Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #69 of 1,502 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Jalapeño Loco is a family owned and run restaurant which opened in 1995. We have a passion for sharing regional Mexican dishes with our clientele. Our atmosphere is warm and welcoming, a great place to meet friends and family or for business while you enjoy a wonderful margarita. We are a full service restaurant and bar with the best selection of tequilas and Mexican beers conveniently located across from the airport. Come in and enjoy the flavors of Mexico!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Unique and one of Milwaukee's BEST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I've been a patron of this restaurant since it's beginning . Since the owner is from Oaxaca , you know it's authentic and unique. They have several dishes you'll find nowhere else. This is upscale Mexican, you don't order the usual fare. The service, quality and taste are top notch. Thank You Hugo and Janet ! Peace & Love.

• Visited July 2013

Lyndhurst, New Jersey
“Do you like tortilla chips?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

The environment inside the shabby looking building was surprisingly nice and clean. When you first sit down they bring you chips and salsa - which seems nice.
My mother and I ordered. I got a 16 bean bowl dish and my mother got nachos. My bean dish seemed a bit over cooked and it tasted like the beans were decomposing in the soup - sour tasting. My mother didn't eat half of her nacho dish because there were about 12 tortilla chips and about 12oz. of cheese over the whole thing without other things on the dish.

If you like chips, come here, because most of the meals involve tortilla chips.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“FANTASTIC!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Food here was great. Best margarita we've had in a very long time. We were in Mexico in February and this was just as authentic, and actually had more flavor than many of the resort food we had. I have celiac disease and must eat gluten free and their menu was fantastic! I have not been to a restaurant where they actually handed me their original menu with added sided comments as to if i could order and if it needed any adjustments like corn tortillas. They even brought me my own basket of chips (that were delicious) that had been fried separate from the other chips so they would not be cross contaminated. My husband is not celiac and he thought the food was equally excellent. We are not from Milwaukee, but will like drive to Milwaukee just to attend this restaurant! Portions are generous and prices were great. Items with shrimp had generous amounts of large sized shrimp. Unheard of around here! Service was also great! We will definitely be back!

• Visited March 2013
wales
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Very bad food. Nothing like real mexican food. Not cheap but poor quality. Worst mexican Iv ever been to. My partner didnt even touch his food.

Visited February 2013
Milwaukee
“Average at best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stopped in for a quick bite and a Margarita or two. The chips are terrible. I mean Tostitos would be an upgrade. The sauces they serve with them however are fabulous. The green sauce is a spicy delight. The Margaritas were the bomb!

We ordered the chicken nachos, guacamole and chicken tacos. The guacamole was creamy and delicious. The chips, still terrible. The nachos were supposed to come with beans. I think I spotted one somewhere under the pile of melted cheese. The star however was the chicken. It was tender and flavorful. Could have used some tomatoes our an olive or two on the nachos. The tacos were great as well, the chicken again being the star.