“Menu and prices depend on what they feel like charging you”

4th Base Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
4th Base Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #344 of 1,543 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Good for: Special occasions
Description: 4Th Base Milwaukee is a seafood and steakhouse restaurant located near Miller Park in West Milwaukee, WI. We offer an array of fresh vegetables, fresh seafoods, and steaks ordered and cooked to your liking. You create your meal! Use our a la carte menu style to order and create your meal! Menu items include Ahi Tuna, Seabass, Salmon, Jumbo U-10 Shrimp, u-10 Scallops, Alaskan King Crab Legs, Calamari, Perch, Walleye, Cod, and more! Large cuts of steak including 32oz Porterhouse,24oz Ribeye, 20 oz NY Strip, and 8oz 10oz 16oz Tenderloin Filet. 4Th Base was featured in the 1989 baseball hit movie, "Major League" starring Tom Bergeron, Charlie Sheen, and Corbin Bernsen. The movie shows the restaurant in the last few minutes of the movie where the fans are chanting on the home team (Indians) in the final inning as they go on to win the game.
Reviewed November 21, 2012

get the menu prices up front! They don't publish their prices and they offer to make you a delicious dish and you don't know what you're going to be charged until the bill comes! The appeal of this place has waned over the years.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I cannot wait to visit. My brother visited this place years ago (he finds great spots in town' with every road trip he's ever made over 30 years) and it has been our ambition to go together to the 4th Base (he's bragged ever since his first visit) for a GREAT tavern meal. Was it a bit pricey? I dunno. He was so overwhelmd w the quality of food', great atmosphere and attentive service it has remained our goal. See ya Saturday Dec 1st Fourth Base.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

This place is just plain weird. No menu no prices. They say order whatever you want they have it all. The appetizer was wrong, the diet coke tasted terrible and they said they changed the syrup but it still tasted bad. Don't know how anything is prepared. The person I was with ordered a grilled chicken sandwich. It was so huge! 2 large chicken breasts. Way too large. But how could she know that with out a menu to look at. I ordered a burger which was fine but was hard to eat after the bad diet coke and the strange atmosphere, inept bartenders and the seeming scuzziness of the place. Also order fries which we never got. Our bill was 40 dollars on the head. The bartender said he gave us a free drink because of the mix ups. They dawdled around getting our bill after we asked for a box and sat there for a few minutes. Asked if we wanted a drink on the manager after they clearly knew and talked to us about going to the game. We had to prod them to get our bill and get out of there. We thought about it later and thought it was a little pricey. Maybe off 5 to 10 dollars. The person I was with called Fourth Base and spoke with a female who gave her the prices which did not add up and said she would get a manager to speak with. The phone was set down and the manager could be heard in the background saying hang up just hang up repeatedly. So very strange. Stay far away from this place. It's a shame this place associates itself with Milwaukee sports and baseball and is a terrible representation of a sports bar in Milwaukee. Save yourself the hassle and go to a good place!!!

7  Thank Chad S
carminejay, Manager at 4th Base Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

I embarrassed to read about your experience at the 4th Base and can copmletely understand your complaints. We have recently gone through some changes and have some new people in their, but there should never be issues like this in any establishment. Were you in on Wednesday or was it earlier this week? Do you remember who waited on you. This is unacceptable.

4th Base menu style is unqiue, and can be confusing if not explained properly. That is an issue with management (myself) and training with our staff to explain how it works and what you will get. I can assure you that we do not have problems like this often and our establishment has been family run for over 30 years. It is something we need to work on with training of the staff.

Minus the soda, was your food good? Please let me know any other feedback or concerns that you have. I apologize for your experience. If you ever change your mind and decide to give the 4th Base another chance, please reach out to me personally so I can take care of you.

CJ
4th Base
the4thbase@yahoo.com

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Let's keep this simple...
No menu or prices. Bad soda. Received incorrect appetizer. Did not receive all of our order and they were clueless until I said something. Had to ASK for another drink. Had to ASK for a box. Had to ASK for the bill. Had to remind bartender to take off item we did not receive. Bill total was incorrect. At this point, we just wanted to get to the Brewers game (which they were well aware we were going to), so we paid the bill and ran! Oh, and did I mention when I called to inform a manager of the "rough" service, the nice lady I was speaking with was told by a man in the background to hang up on me! When I called back (calmly), I was told there are no managers. WOW! Do as my title recommends...

4  Thank 4KGB
carminejay, Manager at 4th Base Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Good Afternoon. My name is CJ and I am the new manager here at the 4th Base Restaurant. I wanted to reach out to you about your review of our restaurant over a year ago and I apologize for your experience. I wanted to let you know that things have turned around and improved since I have been here at the start of this past summer, and hope we can get you back in here soon to give us a try again. I understand you had a horrible experience which is uncalled for and there is no excuse for it.

I would encourage you to come in and give us a try again. If not I understand, and cant apologize enough. We have been in business over 30 years, and I can promise your experience is not the norm. Any suggestions or comments you have would be greatly appreciated.

CJ
4th Base

Reviewed August 18, 2012

HUGE SCAM! Don't waste your money. Baked potatoes (2) were $14.00. I feel like I was taken advantage of. I have never dine this before, but feel like I need to warn people so they don't make the same mistake.

3  Thank latieg110