“Great Comfort Food”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great Comfort Food”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Brocciuloni is beef filets pounded and stuffed with salami, Italian sausage, peas, eggs, provolone and asiago braised in tomato sauce.

Yes. You read that right. It's meat stuffed with meat and more meat and some cheese thrown in for good measure.

I mean, c'mon on! Ridiculous, right? This sounds like something to watch Adam Richman eat 14 of or something on TV.

And if Adam could eat 14 of these little rolls, he'd be a very lucky man because ... it's delicious! And a good value too.

I've lived a few miles from Balistreri's Bluemound Inn for many years, but have only eaten there a handful of times and last night was the first time in years. Right now the place is well decorated for Christmas and has a nice, warm cozy feel. We ate our dinner at the bar; it was a little clumsy, but we preferred the ambiance there to the dining room -- not that the dining room was poor, but the bar was a glowing and warm social environment.

My wife had the Linguine Carbonara: crispy pancetta, shallots, garlic, white wine cream sauce finished with egg yolk and parmesan reggiano.

Sounds good, doesn't it?

I've traveled a lot lately and, thus, dined alone. The nice thing about dining with a significant other is--if they'll let you--you get to try their food too! The flavor of my wife's carbonara was very different than my plate of meaty, cheesy, tomatoey goodness, but it was equally as tasty.

Balistreri's Bluemound Inn is a very relaxed place to dine with good food at a respectable value. I will NOT wait years to dine there again. In fact, I'm kind of in the mood for their Tortellini Ai Salsicce In Brodo tonight! ;)

Visited December 2012

tosa, wi
“Avoid, it is nasty”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Ordered pizza and "the snack" for pick up. They do not accept payments over the phone due to safety issues, but when I handed them my card without a signature, they didn't even question me.

It was not the cleanest place I have seen, crap all over the floor. There was a terrible odor, kinda like rotting urinal cakes and air freshener that made me feel ill.

As far as the food, eh. The meatballs in the snack were super tiny. They could have passed for ground beef chunks floating in sauce. The garlic bread is the same as Mama Mia (same owners or something like that). The pizza had a thin crust. The toppings were standard. The sauce was bland.

I do not see myself going back there ever again. Will stick with Balistreri's.

• Visited December 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“Great option before/after a Brewers Game, Shuttle to major events!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Friendly, nice place with reasonable food. Awesome pizza. Much nicer than most any of the sports bars on Bluemound! Patio dining when the weather is good... Lots of menu choices, bar service is good and staffed by knowledgeable professionals. (College Dave, very knowledgeable about Milwaukee Bar Lore, even runs a tour of "Joints"). Good for date night, business, or just a quick bite.

• Visited September 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Shocked over priced for qaulity”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

It was my first time I did love the service and the restaurant itself is kind of cool because its old school lookihg. I was eager to eat I figured they been around for years there is a reason for it. I was shocked the chicken marsalla was the qaulity of chicken you buy in a Mc donalds snack wrap. The taste of the food was good but the qaulity of the meat was shocking. For the price you pay why not have a good cut of meat. I couldn't believe it so bad and trust me I eat anything even chicken snack wraps, that I could not eat it. I just ate the small portion of pasta that came on the side. It was just strange eating rubbery chicken inside a sauce. However the restaurant itself the staff was very nice and you can see they have loyal old time customers because of the service. You feel welcomed there. I guess then if your planning a night out what it is your looking for. I actually would go back for drinks.

• Visited July 2012
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Will Not Be Disappointed”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

You will enjoy your dinner here. It's an italian supper club and just terrific. We love going here whenever we can. The meal begins with delicious italian bread served with 3 dips - butter, olive oil, and a tomato based dip. Very good. On this visit, we shared a couple pizzas which were delicious. Homemade and very crispy - cooked in a wood burning oven. Their pastas are homemade and everything is great. In the warm weather they have an outdoor deck for dining as well. All the staff are attentive and friendly.

• Visited January 2012