“GREAT "American" Thai” 4 of 5 bubbles

The King and I
Ranked #137 of 1,503 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
“GREAT "American" Thai”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

I say American Thai because this food is delicious, but I am told by native Thai people that it has been Americanized. Well, if it has been Americanized, I all good with it! I order the vegetable tempura and the volcano chicken. I LOVE both of the items! You can order many of the dishes in different levels of spice. I am a tad less adventurous, so I just get 2 stars. My husband is more adventurous and gets 4- Native Thai we call him. LOL! The food is great and it is in a nice section of Milwaukee.

Visited August 2013

Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Good Thai food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Good Thai food at affordable prices. Within walking distance from our hotel. Good service and friendly server.

• Visited July 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Got a table right away, the waitress was great, only dissapointment is the menu is ridgid, they would not sub fried rice for fresh veggies. Great food.

Visited June 2014
Virginia
“good for a quick bite”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

It was late and I needed food. So I stopped here to grab a bite. I've had better Thai food elsewhere but servings were ample. They did ask how spicy I wanted the dish (scale of 0-4) but to my what I got for answering 2 was a bit over the top (edible but definitely eye-watering!)

Visited June 2014
Cincinnati, OH
“Lovely room, bad food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

The room looked lovely when we entered, with a kitchen along one wall, and servers dressed to look like they may be from the region. We ordered the crab rangoon as an appetizer which was ok but not as good as our local fast food Chinese carry out. I had something called Princess Shrimp from an insert in the menu showcasing their specials. It arrived sizzling hot with a lot of promise, but turned out to be horrible. It was several butterflied shrimp with a roll of tastless sausage stuck on the top of each, on a bed of vegetables in a tasteless sauce. I thought perhaps I just did a bad job of ordering, but my daughter ordered Pad thai (they spelled it a little differently) the standard for any Thai restaurant. It was overcooked noodles with a glob of sauce on top that tasted like it came straight from a can. I'm glad they didn't waste time putting chopped peanuts on top - it wouldn't have been fair to the peanuts.

• Visited June 2014