“Fun and great food.”

Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Went with a party of 10. Had a great time. Fantastic food, service and atmosphere. Had drinks and meal and smoked the hookah. Top notch experience. Everyone in our group seemed to have an amazing time.

Very busy on the weekend and I loved everything about it.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

While the food was good and the new remodel job is elegant, it's too pricey for what they are serving and they have poor service. My three girlfriends and I went there on a Friday night outing and right away I discovered their deceptive drink menu. It has exorbitantly high prices, nothing under $6, and we are all on a budget, so one drink for each of us. (If we had ordered two drinks, that would have cost more than our entrees!) I saw they had daiquiri's on their food menu for only $2.50, so luckily when I ordered it, I pointed to that item. The waiter saw me pointing to it and told me, "Just so you know, those are non-alcoholic daiquiri's, that's why they are $2.50. If you want alcohol, it's $8.00." The other girls ordered off the drink menu, the $6 Akar drink BECAUSE they were $6.00. When we got the bill at the end of the night, they had been charged $8 for their drinks. When we asked why, the waiter told us because they ordered them on the rocks instead of with water. When ordered on the rocks they have to add more alcohol. Well, it doesn't tell you that on the menu! Had they known that, they would have ordered differently. We told the waiter this was very deceptive on their part and they should have made that clear to us. He spoke with the manager and they changed the price to $6 for us. How many other people are duped by this, I wonder? As for the rest of the evening, a belly dancer came out and danced for all the patrons. This was great, except the music was way too loud and we couldn't hear each other speak anymore. That's when we decided to go somewhere else. We went down the street to Rochambo Tea and spent a few more hours, and dollars, there. Excellent place that Rochambo! Casablanca - not so much. As for the title of this review, when our meal was over and paid for and we sat around talking until the music drove us out, I could tell they wanted us to leave because no waiter or anyone came by to re-fill our water glasses.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Before going here, I was sure that I hated everything about the middle east. Including it's culture, the people, and especially the food.

This place has made my views of the middle east change dramatically. The food was excellent. It was spicy but in a way different than the ususal american "hot" spicy. It was spicy in regards to the heavy amount of seasonings used.

Also the types of spices and they way they are used were different. For example, I could taste a hint of cloves and cinnamon in the couscous entree. It was subtle and surinsingly wonderful. The only place that you would find these spices in an american dish would be in pumpkin pie.

Listen to the reviews on here. You must go here and experience this food. It tastes great!!

Also, it isn't an extremely expensive place to eat. The prices on the menu are spot on. Nothing seemed over-priced.

P.S. Belly dancers on Friday night!

1  Thank Jesse C
Reviewed November 20, 2012

A group of 9 went to Casablanca this Saturday for a birthday dinner. I had made the reservations a few weeks in advance so we were taken to our big table in the new upstairs addition with out needing to wait. Food was delicious and in generous portions.Waiters and bartenders were friendly and prompt. It was the first time trying middle eastern food for a few of the members in our group and they answered all of the questions that we had for them. Delicious! Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Located on trendy Brady St. on Milwaukee's East Side, we stopped here for lunch before our flight back to the West Coast. The restaurant is cozy in intimate; the food at the buffet is delicious and satisfying. Wonderful salads and tasty falafel and lentil soup; all you can eat for just $7.95.