“Burgers don't get any better...”
Review of Solly's Grille

Solly's Grille
Ranked #121 of 1,571 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I've been dining at Solly's for well over 50 years. The burgers, though a dietician's nightmare, are fantastic. Everything is fresh and top quality from the buns to the meat to the BUTTER (copious to say the least), to the special stewed onions. We live around 35 miles away, but always manage to make three or four visits a year. Despite the fact that we were just there last week I find my mouth watering for a Solly's Burger as I type this review.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

They sell other food but their burgers are it. Everyone in Milwaukee knows Solly's and sometimes it seems they are all there at the same time. The wait can be long but the burgers are worth it.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I love watching cable television shows such as 'Restaurant: Impossible' and 'Restaurant Stakeout'. As a result, I have learned what to look for in bad restaurants and how to appreciate good ones. I began going to Solly's Grille in the 1970's while working at the former St. Michael Hospital. I don't go there often but when I do the place is just as clean as it was and has been all this time. The waitstaff has been there for eons and those famous Solly's hamburgers are just as good as ever. Their old school method of making and presenting malted milk shakes is a throw-back to an era gone by.

Clean, great cheeseburgers, old fashioned malts and outstanding service will keep me coming back!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Kind of a Milwaukee Institution. Waitresses have been there since before you were born. If it's your first time get a butterburger. Walking distance from the Milwaukee River Hilton but not much else.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Solly's is known for their butter burgers. If you are not from Milwaukee, you likely have no idea what a butter burger is. Well . . . the name is the description. A burger slathered with butter. If you try to eat healthy, this is a location for your 'cheat day' or plan on having limited choices.

My friend had the double-bacon with cheese butter burger. He thought it was okay. He also had a malt and fries. He said the burger was okay. He said the malt was fine. I had a house salad with balsamic vingerette and coffee. My salad and coffee were fine.

The two things that set Solly's apart is the ambiance and the service. Our waitress was very pleasant and friendly. In fact, everyone was friendly. The owner works the grill and in the kitchen. We spoke with him. They were all very proud of their restaurant and their butter burgers. I think I slightly offended our waitress by not ordering a butter burger.

If you visit the Sprecher Brewery and you want a quick bite to eat, I highly recommend walking to Solly's. Even if you only order a salad, you will enjoy your visit.