“Perfect restaurant for three couples looking for a leisurely meal!”
Review of Mimma's Cafe - CLOSED

Mimma's Cafe
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Cross street: Arlington Pl
Description: Since 1989, Mimmas Cafe has been a Milwaukee destination for lovers of unforgettably fine Italian Cuisine and dining. We take your tastebuds on a romantic journey into the best flavors of Italy, from the rich pastas of Sicily to the delicious meat dishes of Tuscany!
Madison, WI
“Perfect restaurant for three couples looking for a leisurely meal!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We went to Mimma's with two other couples, seeking to share wine, food, and stories over a leisurely, casual meal. Mimma's did not disappoint! Our waiter was attentive and knowledgeable, and besides a slightly-overcooked steak ordered "medium rare", the food was delicious and appropriately sized. Three of the six of us ordered one of the specials; three ordered standard fare. I think we all agreed that the specials were the way to go because (a) it saves you from being overwhelmed by the voluminous menu; and (b) the creative, seasonal dishes were absolutely pitch-perfect.

Through appetizers, soup/salads, main dishes, deserts and port, we never felt rushed. The atmosphere was great because everything felt jovial, relaxed and comfortable!

• Visited October 2012

Seneca, South Carolina
“Very good pasta and Italian food”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Really loved the pasta..very fresh, authentic Italian, and tasty. I would give this 5 stars except for a couple things. One, they did have one reasonably priced white wine (Pino Grigio) for $7 but were out of it so they alternative was a $10 glass of Pinot Grigio! I don't even pay that much for a bottle of decent Pinot Grigio! Also, the cannoli for dessert was good but at $8.95 a little expensive.

• Visited October 2012
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We had a very small wedding and chose to eat at Mimma's rather than have a big reception. When we called for the reservation, Mimma was more than happy to host our wedding dinner and promised to give us a nice table. When we arrived, we had a very nicely decorated table in the front corner room. The waiter was very good and always attentive to us. he went out of his way to make sure everything went smoothly. All of the food was delicious, no one in the party had any negative comments on the food. Mimma's was kind enough to let us have our cake delivered to the restaurant and served to us at our meal. Overall, the kindness of Mimma and her staff made our experience to the restaurant very memorable. We have been coming here for years and will recommend Mimma's to anyone visiting Milwaukee!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank rst86
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Italian Cuisine”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

The atmosphere was quite charming and you couldnt ask for a better waiter. William was extremely knowledgeable about both the menu and the history of the restaurant. I had the Tortelloni con prosciutto e piselli which was outstanding. The pasta was done to perfection . The peas had a nice snap to them and the cream sauce was flavored wonderfully. My husband had the Ravioli con pepperoni e salsiccia which he equally enjoyed. Wine was very good as well. I don't see how anyone can say the menu is overpriced !! it is very reasonable. I don't recall anything over $20 on the menu!! We will definately be back when in the Milwaukee area again.

• Visited May 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“good food but not everything else”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

My wife and I came here the day after Valentine’s Day. The food tasted pretty good, especially our appetizers. The menu is huge. The cost is a little higher than normal given the size of my caprese salad. The atmosphere is very 80’s. I found the atmosphere very dated but some people may like the 80’s flare. My wife would probably come back here if it wasn’t for our waiter. The waiter removed the parmesan cheese from the table before my wife was finished eating her pasta dish and then he delivered the dessert menus while my wife was still eating her entrée. It was the day after Valentine’s Day, it was not busy. Yet I got the impression he wanted us to leave or hurry up. He was very blunt with us. There were about 3 other couples in the restaurant and by the time that we left, there was one larger party of maybe 8 or 9 people. I cannot fault the restaurant on flavor but everything needs improvement.

• Visited February 2012