“Very, very good. Order a bento box.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Izumi's

Izumi's
Reserve with OpenTable
Izumi's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #572 of 1,502 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Thank you to our wonderful customers for making us Milwaukee's longest- standing Japanese restaurant! Thanks to you, we have won over a dozen voter- based awards and have been proudly serving Milwaukee's East Side for 20 years! We thrive on serving fresh, healthy and authentic Japanese cuisine for the first-time adventurer to the advanced connoisseur. Come join us for a quick, afford-able lunch, a romantic dinner or book the private tatami room for your next dinner gathering!
“Very, very good. Order a bento box.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

My daughter and i had dinner here. it was very good. Fast service. We were in a hurry and we were seated right away and served right away.
We both had bento boxes. They come complete with a choice of beef, chicken or shrimp, rice, cucumber salad, potato salad (so good), three pieces of very good sushi, soup.
It was more than enough for a hungry person. A bento box runs around 14 or 15 dlls which is a good deal. We also ordered a fried rice with shrimp and it was very, very good.
My daughter wants to go back.
Good choice if you are in Milwaukee,

• Visited November 2013

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Argued with drunkin owner.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Chef Ramsay could sum this place up in a simple sentance, it's F*****G disgusting!!!!
My husband and I Just left Izumi's and we couldn't wait to get home! I couldn't wait to vent how utterly repulsive I now find the place, and my husband he's in the kitchen fixing himself some DECENT food.
First of all our raw oyster appetizer was composed of six oysters four of them pretty off. CLEARLY NOT FRESH!! Secondly, I swallowed a bone. A bone? Really? Sushi is sliced so thin, how do you not notice a bone sticking out of the fish? Unexceptable!
After swallowing an uncomfortable piece of fish I refused to finnish my meal. The two of us sat waiting for our server to come back and ended up waiting a total of 15 minutes for ANYONE to come to our table. We sat right in from and several employees walked by, none of them noticed our displeasure. To make matters worse our server spent those 15 minutes not ten feet away folding napkins with her back turned towards our table. When she finaly returned to ask how our meal was we immediately asked to speak to the owner.
Now here's where it really gets down right repulsive. The owner Fujiko was within sight of our table the whole time. Tending to the four people at the bar and ignoring the rest of the restaurant in the process. When she came to speak to us, it was instantly apparent that she had been drinking. Needless to say she was in a less than prepaired state to provide any sort of relief to our concerns. ( our waitress even cautioned us about confronting her, stressing to us that her boss often drink too much while working). After explaining our complaints to her for the fourth time I realized I would NEVER be returning to the establishment and took the gloves off. I confronted her about he managment of her staff and asked if she thought it was exceptable for her staff to drink on the job. At that she raised he voice loud enough to attract the attention of everyone else in the restaurant. ( Four patrons, and her entire staff).
Yet she admittedly told me that it was none of my concern how much she drank while running her business, that she was "fine", and that she takes pride in her establishment. Obviously we disagree on several points of that arguement. I sat there letting her vent for another five minutes before I felt embarassed at having her whole staff see their employer make a drunken fool of herself. After encouraging our waitress to seek a better place of employment, my husband and I quickly drove home to make something suitable to eat. Quite a disappointing start to our Saturday!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Racine, Wisconsin
“Great Sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is clearly the best sushi in the Milwaukee area. If you like sushi you need to try Izumi's!
My wife and I regularly drive from almost an hour away to eat here.
Service is excellent and so is the food.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Rick S
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best sushi in milwaukee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

While there are many choices for sushi in and around Milwaukee, this one is the best. The sashimi is always fresh and the rolls are great. The spicy tuna is the best I've ever had anywhere but I've now fell in love with the spicy scallop roll they do as well. The seaweed salad is also pretty good. This place can get busy so make sure you have time if you're ordering in a group.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Sarah T
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“MOST authentic Japanese in Milwaukee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Even the waiter was Japanese! They had delicious quality sashimi. And their house special is the miso broiled cod. AMAZING. Reminded me of my year as an exchange student in the country. Now if only they had authentic Japanese-ramen and taco-yaki. Or at least have a special night of the month where they could offer such specific delicacies.

The building is pretty epic too, it looks like it used to be the department of labor or something. I love Milwaukee history. And I'm very thankful to have stumbled upon this authentic Japanese restaurant after attending the Oriental Theater one random night.

Visited September 2012