“Sam is the man!”

Jake's Delicatessen
Ranked #346 of 1,547 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

In town for a conference. We slipped up to the food court for a quick bite. Though his coworker had called in ill for his/her shift, Sam was pleasant and incredibly efficient.

Orders were placed a few at a time and then made to order pretty darned fast. We were all do impressed with Sam. He never once wavered in excellent customer service. We sat immediately across from the service counter allowing plenty of observation time.

Prep was done rapidly. Good hygiene was never sacrificed. And, a smile with good manners was noted throughout.

Oh yes, the food was good and yummy too.

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I am a Milwaukee native born and bred!! My first stop whenever I come home!! No other corned beef sandwich comes close to Jake's.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Loved it, Best Corned Beef Sandwich and pastrami Sandwiches ever.!!!!! Will defintely be returning to Jake's on our next trip to Milwaukee.

1  Thank Felecia M
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I used a Groupon offer to pick up a a pound of corned beef and pastrami last week. It is delicious. The venue is iconic and an authentic deli type restaurant like you would find in NYC but right here in Milwaukee. The neighborhood isn't the best but don't let that stop you. If you prefer they have a location in the Grand Ave. Mall now. Either way it is a must to try. I will certainly be back for more.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I actually have family in Milwaukee and was surprised it took so long for me to discover this place. The best corned beef sandwich I ever had. What I also liked was the variety of Stewarts soda they sold. We seem to lack this variety in the DFW area.