“If you love corned beef . . .”

Jake's Delicatessen
Ranked #560 of 1,520 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Nashotah, Wisconsin
“If you love corned beef . . .”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Don't come here if you're on a diet. However; if you're looking for the most flavorful, delicious corned beef you've ever eaten, this is the place to be. Don't let the dated, simple decor distract you, that's not what you go to Jake's for anyway. One bite of this savory corned beef and everything else disappears anyway. Enjoy!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Much better service and food since my last review on 02/17/12”
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Purchased 4 corn beef sandwiches "Was Excellent " Keep up the good work. Prices should be a little lower, But otherwise everything was clean good And fast. I would rate my experience in 8.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“This is a True Delicatessen and Experience”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

As we approached and frankly passed the lunch hour, our discussion turned to where and what. As my wife listed Milwaukee lunch spots (yes, we do travel with a list) and mentioned a thick, juicy Corned Beef Sandwich, my brain immediately activated my mouth to respond with a "That sounds good". Into the GPS and off we headed; believe it or not, we even found a parking spot in front of the place.

Well, I didn't quite have the Corned Beef sandwich that started this lunch choice, but I did not go wrong by ordering the Reuben; same corned beef, but with a little something extra. Mouth-watering-ly delicious. My wife had the Pastrami Dip and again it's not the corned beef, but from the little bit I tasted, it too, was a winner; huge chunks of fall-apart-tender meat. She was very pleased with her menu choice and we have yet another great place for lunch in Milwaukee. We now know why Jake's is such a busy, busy place. When the food is this good, people will keep coming back.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Kosher Traditions Alive”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Jakes is an amazing place. It is a melting pot of time and culture. The Only Kosher deli in Milwauke. The food is wonderful. Traditional dishes being gobbled up by people from every cross section of Milwaukee. The neighborhood has changed a lot over the years, but everyone who resides in the area or is in the know goes to Jakes for Corned Beef on St. Patty's Day and the rest of the year too.

Visited March 2012
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Best Deli in Milwaukee”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Best Pastrami and Corn Beef in Milwaukee. I also love the chicken noodle soup. Now the place is not very fancy but they do have a few tables you can sit at. It is a little expensive but compared to other delis it is about the same.

The service is always very friendly. Never had a desert because I am to full from the soup and sandwich.

• Visited October 2012