“Deeeliscious!!”

Cuisines: Eastern European
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Bay View
Reviewed May 11, 2012

This is a fantastic restaurant serving hearty fare. The Chicken Paprikash, Goulash, Duck, Cabbage, Salads, and Chocolate Crepes were all stunning!! You feel like your at someone's home at this cozy building that has a historical marker and has some history with the Schlitz Brewery. It is a little tricky to find, so be sure and get directions. Reservations is a smart idea, and the only take CASH. The drinks and selection were fantastic, and I'm already craving to go back!! Our service was very attentive. If you do get the special that momma makes....some sort of meat, cheese, spinach pie with phyllo crust.....be sure to share or split it...or plan on taking it home. I'm not sure what they call it, but it is the first main entree and it does take 30 or 45 minutes for it to get cooked. The food here is worth the wait, but on the Friday we were there, it was coming swiftly, so I don't think you have to wait much, and if you do, it's a fun place to chill out and enjoy a piece of history and leave with a full belly .

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Truly an awesome place to go and have amazing food - prices are very reasonable and the food is outstanding! Love this place!

Reviewed April 26, 2012

This is an unusual place in an out of the way location. The decor is early 1950s and the food is "Serbian" with some Greek, Hungarian and Austrian dishes. I thought it was worthwhile for the novelty but I would not consider going back. The prices are moderate but not inexpensive since eveything is a la carte. If you're curious about a novel and unique dining experience, it is definitely something to consider but I far preferred the meal at the nearby Mexican restaraunt, El Feugo.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Truly oustanding eatery in the always wonderful Bay View.
Have a drink at the yacht club, get dinner here see a show at the alchemist playhouse and take a walk anywhere on the safe and "old milwaukee" streets.
A bit of a wait but worth it.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

I had no idea what to expect and now I can't wait to go back. I had the special and it was wonderful! It looked like a hamburger, but it was not a hamburger. I was so full, but the taste was so amazing that I could not stop eating. My Mother ordered the suffed peppers and said they were also very good.

We will be going back as soon as possible.

The staff could not have been any more helpful!