“Has been better in the past.”
Review of Coquette Cafe

Coquette Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Coquette Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 1,527 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Historic Third Ward
Cross street: Between St. Paul and Buffalo
Transit: There are bus and trolley stops within one block of the front door.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Has been better in the past.”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I went to Coquette for Downtown Dining Week today. This is about the 4th year or so that I've gone. The quality of the meal seems to have slipped. I had to ask for bread with our gazpacho, and it wasn't as cold as I like. The sandwich was smaller than last year and didn't have as much ham or cheese. The service was good, and the gazpacho was yummy. The mousse was good, too. I've had better, but theirs is pretty good. I'm not sure if I'll go back next year. Maybe for the gazpacho.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank ScenicSights

New Berlin, Wisconsin
“Sunday Afternoon Brunch”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

What a lovely place to spend time on a Sunday afternoon. The service was attentive but unobtrusive - none of that "we" phenomenon as in "how are we today? what are we having? etc." For that alone, Coquette Café endeared itself to me. The setting is open but intimate, with huge windows and enough foot traffic outside to make for good window gazing and people watching. It does get bright with the afternoon sun, but the staff is well aware of this and will seat you accordingly. We had a smoked salmon plate and their onion soup, followed by quiche du jour and salade nicoise. And coffee, lots of coffee. The salade nicoise, without tuna and/or anchovies, was light and refreshing, although it is available with tuna steak or chicken. The quiche, with Italian sausage, corn, and cheese among other ingredients, was pronounced great. The food was delicious and rich. I can't even imagine how rich the sandwich on a croissant and pommes frites served at the table next to us must have been, although they looked quite tasty. Real ingredients, not heavy and greasy. Perhaps it is me, but this place definitely seems like one to visit on a rainy or snowy day, and we definitely will do so.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank NBChknbiski
Antwerp, Belgium
“Bistro experience in milwaukee”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We entered Coquette cafe by surprise and we were surprised by the quality of the interior, the service and the food. And for once as a Euopean tourist we could just talk and not yell at each other because the accoustics are good. A good wine chart and well prepared food made us happy for the rest of the night!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Arnaud d
Rome
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not Accessible”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We made a reservation and called to verify that our guest in a motorized wheelchair would be able to get in. We were assured they had an elevator in the back for access. The elevator looked like it hadn't worked in 30 years, and it didn't work that evening. After trying for 10-15 minutes (with our guest left inside a box facing a wall for that whole time), the restaurant workers gave up, and didn't even apologize.

The restaurant marked us as 'no shows' on OpenTable. We showed. They failed.

Visited May 2014
Milwaukee
“Lovely Lunch”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Went to the Coquette Cafe for a week day lunch with my husband. I had the tomato basil soup which was the soup of the day. It was really good, exactly the right portion. For dessert I had the bananas foster bread pudding, the taste was good but the bananas were a strange consistency. My husband had a pork sandwich which was also delicious, if a bit messy to eat. :) His dessert was cheesecake and it was superb. The ice tea was really nice too, a blend with passion fruit. Overall we enjoyed our lunch and would go back again.

• Visited April 2014