“Cozy French Bistro”
Review of Coquette Cafe

Coquette Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Coquette Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 1,533 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Historic Third Ward
Cross street: Between St. Paul and Buffalo
Transit: There are bus and trolley stops within one block of the front door.
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The menu is varied, everything we have tried here has been very good. We love the cog a vin! Booths are available which make for a more cozy atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for Coquette Cafe

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Coquette Café manages to do what many French restaurants cannot.....be elegant & provide outstanding high quality food while also being friendly and reasonably priced. Coquette Café is located in the historic 3rd ward district in downtown Milwaukee. The food was remarkable...from the French Onion soup to traditional Croque Madame to an amazing espresso-based cake for dessert. Awesome! Staff members were friendly & professional...from the hostess to the waiters! Chef sent out delicious food obviously made w/ high quality products and much love! Our new favorite restaurant in Milwaukee!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

That about sums up this review of Coquette Cafe. The dining area was surprisingly large but did not feel like it. We were seated immediately on a Saturday night and went entirely on our server's recommendations, which were spot on.
For starters we had the Charcuterie with the assorted pates. The duck pate was outstanding. Just enough to share.
My date had the bacon wrapped meatloaf which was excellent. The bacon added just the right amount of flavor. Mashed potatoes were rich and fluffy and not too garlicky. I had the hanger steak medium rare. Prepared spot on, but I felt the shallot sauce was a tad overwhelming.
For dessert we had the opera cake the shorbet du jour which was strawberry. Both were excellent.
We will definitely return.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was our 2nd trip to Coquette. The first was not satisfactory due to our seats along the banquette in the back. Private conversation is impossible seated so closely to other diners. You are forced to eavesdrop! However, this trip we were seated comfortably by the window. Our server was perfect. He explained the specials, answered all our questions, and provided timely, unintrusive, professional service. The food was fabulous. I ordered the duck breast special which was the best I have ever had. Everyone enjoyed their meals straight through to dessert. I highly recommend this restaurant in the Third Ward. Fantastic food at reasonable prices.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I loved this restaurant. The food is mostly french - I had the poulet rotit - it truly was half of a chicken like the menu described. The sauce was rich and delicious and the meat was tender and juicy and flavorful. My stomach is growling just thinking about it right now. The service was very good and so was the bottle of wine we ordered.

My only complaint is the bread. On the table, they give you a small wax bag with a small loaf of bread in it. The bread was very hard to tear and you definitely couldn't cut it (not that there was a bread knife present). Being with colleagues that I had just met, it was a little awkward trying to tear off pieces of the bread without grasping the loaf with both hands.

Other than the bread, I very much enjoyed this restaurant.