“Nice lunch menu; great service”
Review of Coquette Cafe

Coquette Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Coquette Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 1,549 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Historic Third Ward
Cross street: Between St. Paul and Buffalo
Transit: There are bus and trolley stops within one block of the front door.
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Two of my sisters joined me for a late lunch on a Thursday; none of us had visited the restaurant before. We all enjoyed our food and the service was excellent! The restaurant had five or six tables of people when we arrived at about 1:45 p.m. As a result, it was quiet, so it was easy to converse as there was little noise to contend with. I had the nicoise salad off the main menu. One of my sisters had the quiche, and the other had the frittata, both of which were on the lunch menu. I tasted the corn soup that came with my sister's quiche, and it was excellent! I will definitely order it next time if it's on the menu. Their bread is crusty and had a good flavor. Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the restaurant or dine there again and look forward to trying it for dinner.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

1st impression, I was in a lovely cafe in France. Dark wood, high ceilings, old fashion lights, and wonderful period piece French music in the background.

Started with app of mussels, though PEI they where very small. We complained and was told the bigger portions ( 1-2lbs) get the bi g mussels. Regardless the tomato base spicy flavor was so good we kept dipping our bread (excellent) in the raining juices.

ThEn split a large beet salad with plenty of everything in it , shared a wonderful fillet of trout with lemon capers, Hugh piece, then a homemade key lime pie.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

My guests and I dined at Coquette and we had one of the best meals we have ever had in Milwaukee. The server's name was Liz and she gave us exceptional customer service. The wine was great, the food was made to perfection, the ambiance was incredibly beautiful and our food was served the perfect temperature and promptly. I can't say enough about this restaurant. I am going again next week.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We had a rehearsal dinner here, and it was very good. We had the salmon, and the food was excellent, and the service was above and beyond.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I went to the Coquette Cafe last week when I was in Milwaukee. We were a big group of 8 people and some of them had never had french cuisine before. We were seated immediately, and the server was great. We ordered the escargots (snails), duck confit and a salad for starters. For the main course, we ordered hanger steak, salmon, poulet roti and the house specials. We ordered 2 bottles of wine, and they turned out to be great when paired with the food. We ordered canoli, key lime pie and chocolate mousse for dessert. Overall, it was a great evening with great food.. Will definitely recommend this place to anyone wanting to experience great french cuisine in Milwaukee.