“French?”
Review of Coquette Cafe

Coquette Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Coquette Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 1,535 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Historic Third Ward
Cross street: Between St. Paul and Buffalo
Transit: There are bus and trolley stops within one block of the front door.
Reviewed November 9, 2012

It seems like the new owners are not sure if they are French or Greek? I hope they continue with the fine french fare that was available or perhaps change the cafe's name. The foos was average, same with the service.

There are newer reviews for Coquette Cafe

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've been eating at Coquette for years (I work nearby) and its improved a lot in the past few years. The menu is chiefly French, but there are often delicious specials and featured menus. Highly recommend the sandwich and soup specials at lunch times - especially the Shrimp Burger.

Coquette is reasonably priced and the service is pretty standard (i.e. not amazing.) I've had wonderful family celebrations and romantic dinners at Coquette, but I've had equally as many disappointing meals and send a few dishes back.

Give it a shot - when Coquette is good, its really good!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

When we stepped in to peruse the menu, at least 3 members of the staff made eye contact with us and made us welcome. Business owners, please take note, that was a home run! You never know what background your clientele will be from. My husband and I both happen to be in the customer service industry and very much notice things like that. In fact, we judge, based on that whether or not to give an establishment our business. If your employees are cheerful and enthusiastic, so goes the patrons. We indeed decided to eat at Coquette and were wowed by the food! Each item was delicious (cassoulet for me, steak for my husband) and the wine we chose was very affordable and smooth as silk. When we mentioned that it was our first time there, the unbelievable happened! Our waiter brought us a complimentary dessert! Yum. Congratulations to the entire staff and owners of Coquette! Our experience could not have been better.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Cute restaurant with a great service staff. We had a great salad but the main entrees were just OK. My husband had the veal meatloaf which he enjoyed but he thought it was average. I ordered the Hanger Steak which was very tough. I know it is a cheaper cut of meat but I have had it before and this was too tough. Our desserts were good but since we don't live in the area, I don't think we were try it again on our next visit to Milwaukee.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We had a large party for dinner on a weeknight. We made a reservation well in advance and the restaurant called us several times to confirm. We were given a very nice table in the back of the restaurant where it was quiet. The server handled our large party very well and was very attentive. The food was also delicious. Our party ordered the salmon, which I was told was very well made, the pork loin, and various other items on the menu---all of which were very good. I ordered the coq au vin which was excellent. The only thing I did not like was that the creme brule was served cold and I prefer it served it warm. But it still tasted great. Overall we had a great experience because of the great food, great wine, and great service. And at a total coast of $250 for 10 meals and wine, it was very reasonably priced.