“one of the best italian restaurants”

Balistreri's Italian-American Ristorante
Ranked #35 of 1,543 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We found Balistreri's on trip advisor and were excited to try a local place. The restaurant has all the charm you would expect in a classic italian restaurant, the atmosphere is clean and comfortable. The service was excellent, making sure we had all we needed and refilling our drinks before we could ask. The food was outstanding, it arrived nice and hot at the table and was made with care. There are so many choices on the menu I wish I would have been hungry for more. I would highly recommend making a visit.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

What a great find! Fantastic pizza served on baking sheets - amusing! The spumoni must be homemade - definitely save some room!
I don't often get to Milwaukee, but when business brings me here again, I'll definitely be making the time to have pizza at Balisreri's!

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Visited for the first time with family. Service is great. Atmosphere is perfect for all. Above all if that, the Pizza is the highlight. Will be back.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Balistereri's on 68th is more casual than Bluemound road but pizza is still the best ever, more family friendly on 68th but kids welcome everywhere.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

I stopped going here after I was diagnosed with celiac. On Sunday, I found out they now have gluten-free food items. I am not sure how long they had had gluten-free options, but I am thrilled. I got an anchovy heaven gluten-free pizza. The crust was fantastic. It was so good, I almost thought it was regular crust. I heated some up in the oven today and it was better than yesterday. I will be frequenting here more often. I also think I might buy some par bake pizza to make it home when I feel like it. I highly recommend balistreri's to anyone.

Avoid prime lunch and dinner times for the best service. The wait times can belong and it gets crowded in there. In a hurry, order ahead for pick up. Th food is always hot, fresh and delicious.