“Great neighborhood vibe”

Hector's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #269 of 1,533 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Kick back with a slice of lime in your beer or a tasty margarita and snack on the fresh chips and salsa while waiting to dig in to the great meal coming your way. All the standards with some unique choices. Casual and friendly, great vibe.

There are newer reviews for Hector's Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food is good and the price is reasonable. Our main complaint with the restaurant is the seating is so tight that you can't move. If there was fire here, no one would get out alive,

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I have been here numerous times, at different times of the day to see if the service was ever good. In my experience, I have never once had good service at Hector's.

Yesterday around 6pm my husband and I went to Hector's. We sat on the patio (which is awesome!). The menus were dirty with food and some sort of liquid. The waitress brought us a basket of chips and salsa, but nothing else. We had to wait over 10 minutes to get water and place our orders. Once she brought back the drinks (with the waters), we still did not have utensils or napkins. She finally brought those just before the meal came, and they were dirty. I had the tostadas. The corn tortillas were burnt and otherwise tasted okay, but not great. My husband had the chicken chipotle tacos. Those were okay too. Their margaritas were nothing special. But after two large margaritas, I tend to be agreeable.

Hector's is fine if you have a lot of time to waste and are looking for okay food. They have also raised their prices again with no change in food quality. The only positive is Happy Hour from 4pm-6pm daily (even those prices rose dramatically).

Reviewed August 20, 2009

I've been dining at Hector's periodically since they opened and always enjoy the food. Fun bar scene. Be prepared to wait, it is a popular restaurant with a smaller dining room. Parking is also tight.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 9, 2009

stopped by for an early lunch... we were the first and only customers, and still the service was slow. the food was pretty good - not outstanding, but solid. we'll probably return sometime on a whim, as the menu looked interesting, but no immediate plans.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook