“Terrific dinner”
Review of The Packing House

The Packing House
Ranked #42 of 1,571 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Family owned & operated since 1974. We have something to please even the most discriminating diners! Ribs, steaks, seafood, poultry & veal. Weekday lunch, dinners nightly. Prime Rib on Wednesday, Saturday & Sundays. Friday fish fry. Live music in the lounge Wednesday thru Saturday nights.
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Steak wrapped in bacon!!! Need I say more! Fantastic! Great service with great food equals a very good evening. I would highly recommend.

Chris W, Owner at The Packing House, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Thank you for the review. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your dinner! Please join us again when you are back in the area.

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

When I initially saw "live music Wed-Sunday" I had not anticipated lounge/bluesy jazz music. This place is definitely dated, and seemed kindof smokey inside, which did go with the bluesy atmosphere but that's just not really what I wanted I guess. Service was decent, the menu was a little pricey but the food was good and large portions. I wouldn't go back.

1  Thank bmark091
Chris W, Owner at The Packing House, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Thank you for the review. We do feature live music Wednesday thru Saturday nights. Although we mix up the performers, we generally feature classic pop, jazz, American standards, and R&B.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Our food was just great, but the waitress was not very good, had we not been there before I would not been happy at all. She was slow and not very attentive to us. We had to get her attention a couple of times to fill our glasses and to remove our food so we could order desert. She then shorted me $40.00 on our change for the bill, She then made up a new receipt which was still not correct, but gave us the correct change and at that point we were just glad to leave. I think so more training and maybe a few less tables would help her.

Chris W, Owner at The Packing House, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank for for the review. Although I am very happy to hear the food was great, I'm disappointed to hear about the poor service. I appreciate you contacting us at the restaurant as well and we look forward to serving you again soon. We have addressed your concerns with the server involved as well as the rest of our service staff. I can assure you that you will not have the same experience on your next visit. Thank you for the opportunity to improve what we do.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I wish I made a point to be here more often because once again my entire group had a perfect meal without any exceptions. Service is attentive and friendly, cocktails expertly crafted, food (we had a mix of steaks and seafood) was superb. Final bill surprisingly less than what you get. Note that the place has a an updated, younger and trendier feel than I remember from my younger years - great for all ages. While a Milwaukee establishment, this place is a hidden gem that continues to evolve to what you most expect in a great restaurant. This was a reminder to head back more often.

Chris W, Owner at The Packing House, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review! We look forward to serving you more often.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Packing house has been one of the best South Side restaurants for many years. I love the "throw Back" supper club feel and the many menu options. Hi highly recomment the stuffed mushrooms and waterchestnuts in bacon for an appetizer. I am a creature of habit so I always get a steak. So many place now sell their steak ala carte, this is one of the few landmarks left where you get soup or salad, fresh breat and baked potato with your entree. I would recommend this place to anyone for business or pleasure. Going to the drive thru tonite for the best fish fry on this side of town

Chris W, Owner at The Packing House, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Thanks for the great review. Our family is very proud of our forty plus year tradition of excellence. We look forward to serving you again soon!