“Best Custard in the Area”

Leon's Frozen Custard Drive-in
Ranked #1 of 22 Dessert in Milwaukee
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Try the tin roof sundae...this place is always busy but the time flies in line. Love the custard - best place in town - oldest frozen custard shop in the area.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Creamy custard (better than ice cream for those of you not from Wisconsin) at 1950's prices. What's not to like!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I first went here in March of 2012. The moment I sunk my teeth into that Butter Pecan Frozen Custard cone, I was hooked instantly. The frozen custard there is the best frozen custard I've ever had. Their burgers and chili dogs are great too. The burger is more of a sloppy joe consistency, but it still tastes great. You can even by frozen custard by I believe the half gallon!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Fantastic prices on great custard and other ice cream treats. An institution in Milwaukee. Well worth waiting in line.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I am a bit of a snob when it comes to chocolate in all its many forms. And I believe the hot fudge at Leon's is second to none. There are times when the proportion of hot fudge to custard is too heavy on the fudge side, but honestly, I can't say whether that's a good thing or bad thing. I also love it when they have raspberry custard. I'll get a scoop of chocolate (smooth and creamy) with the raspberry. My husband gets the vanilla malt and has declared it the best in town. Mmmmm! A side note: one of the other reviewers said it didn't seem like it was in a great area - please don't worry about that. It is on a busy road, and lots of different people come from lots of different parts of town, so you will find yourself mixing with lots of different folks, but I've never felt unsafe. It's a Milwaukee icon - you have to try it!