“Great job with a large group.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Botanas

Botanas
Ranked #108 of 1,503 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Walker's Point
Description: Year after year the original Botanas on 5th Street has been voted #1 Mexican restaurant in Milwaukee by many local papers and on-line organizations.
Cedarburg, Wisconsin
“Great job with a large group.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

Very good food and service for a large group with lots of kids.
We had 25 people and they handled it with no problems.

Visited December 2012

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Top rates Mexican-American restaurant in Milwaukee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

Though Botonas is surrounded by a variety of other Mexican restaurants, their food, service, and atmosphere stand out from the rest.

Visited September 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“pricey average mexican food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

The food used to be pretty darn good for mexican food, then they expanded, redecorated and just focused on turning tables ala La Fuente. The food is now average at best and is pretty pricey for what you get as far as quality. again, the smother-everything-with-cheese is not authentic mexican food.

Visited September 2012
Racine
“I'll Be Back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I read about Botanas as being #1 in Milwaukee for Mexican food so I knew I was going to get there sooner or later. Well today was the day and it did not disappoint me. I ordered one of the mini lunch specials of which one was the Chicken Mole. The meal came with a choice of two soups of which I enjoyed the Tortilla soup, a wonderful creamy, delicately spiced soup with thin crispy strips of tortillas on top and served piping hot, Excellent! Then came, (before I finished the soup) the Chicken Mole with rice, beans, crispy shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes. I couldn't believe this was the mini lunch because the portion was very generous. The chicken white meat was moist and chopped and the mole sauce was to die for. I picked a Winner that's for sure! My husband, on the other hand, ordered the mini special with a chimichanga and enchilada which included the rice and beans also. He said he has had better chimichangas but liked the enchilada very much and also raved about that same soup.

We arrived around 11:30 before the lunch crowd, but we did notice that this place can handle it in a very efficient manner! There are several different rooms, nicely decorated and clean. We could see why it was voted so outstanding! It's not one of the newer places with all the views and waterfalls, but if you want really good food and service, this one's definately for you!
Our waiter and other service staff were most attentive and everyone of them included the bartender thanked us for our patronage.

We had paid a meter before realizing they had TWO parking lots!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank panielsen
Wisconsin
“Very good!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Got the "Tacos ala Plancha" loved it. Loved the margaritas even more! Service was very attentive, place was pretty clean. Checked on our table several times. Parking is metered on the street, and free in their lot. Ate outside and that was nice last time. Prices are a little cheaper than the other 2 big competitors on the South 5th street. I will go again for sure!

Visited August 2012