“Back again and loved it... again”
Review of Butch's Old Casino Steak House - CLOSED

Butch's Old Casino Steak House
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Went for business, had the "steer" filet stuffed with garlic and some of their Brazilian shrimp that are HUGE. Again, wasn't disappointed. Service was impeccable. Beer selection was outstanding. Drink prices were good. And the food--- everyone's meal was cooked exactly as ordered, and the aged beef was outstanding. Pricey -- $40-60/pp. But well worth it. bartender was there for many years and knew me coming in again. Remembered the drink I ordered and had many tales to tell.

As I stated before, this place should be rated much higher than it is. Other flashy places can't compare to the service and quality.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you are ever in Milwaukee and wondering where to go and get a great steak, go no further than Butch's steakhouse. We made our reservations a month in advance to insure a good table. That didn't happen :( and the waitress was average at best, but the food was 5 star, always is. Great place!!!!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

My grandfather, my aunt, and my mother and father all have eaten at this restaurant, which is one of the favorites for long-time locals. I live in NY, but was here on business and went because of family recommendations. Took six business associates too. It lived up to its billing. Kind of old and woody on the inside, nothing too fancy, but great steaks and other food, too. And lots of it. Much more reasonably-priced than other steakhouses nearby.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

For the life of me, I don't understand why TripAdvisor doesn't have this place ranked much higher. Maybe it's the lack of reviews.

Forget the outside. The inside is great, an old time Wisconsin supper club.

Service is out of this world, with folks that have worked there for 10+ years. They want to get to know you personally and take note in what you like and don't like.

My wife had a steer filet, and I had the much larger one with the guyana shrimp. The "steer" filet is what they describe as their Iowa corn-fed angus beef. All the beef is aged, but their steer cut is the best. I've eaten a lot of steaks, even raised cattle, so I know good beef. This is out of this world. And we added 2 guyana shrimp for $15 to the steaks. They come with a garlic butter sauce that is superb, and the shrimp are so large they are like mini lobsters.

Of course everything comes with potato, salad, and their little relish tray.

This place isn't cheap. But nothing this good ever is.

So if you want a tough cut of Holstein, go to Outback. If you want an aged cut that truly can be cut with your fork, that has so much flavor it doesn't need flavoring, come here.

Plan on spending about $50/pp, without drinks.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Consistently a great steak with all the amenities. The shrimp are gigantic and still very tender. The ribeye that I ordered I also had them blast it with black pepper corn crust and also added a few pan fried shrimp. Excellent, Excellent, Excellent.
Cocktails are great, excellent place to grab a martini too.
One of the only steak houses in the city with free parking too.
On previous visits, I've always had the steer fillets and never once were they over/under cooked or even hinted of anything else but a great piece of meat.