“Eating on the patio”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We had dinner outside on the patio and was very nice. It started raining so we could hear the drops hitting the canvas overhead, very soothing with the meal. Our server Samantha was bubbly and informative in helping us pick out meals. Great personality she has. The meals were very good but the cost is a little on the high side. I recommend the Pasta Tree to all my friends out there.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Many of the reviews on this place are spot on. I have dined here 4 times in the last year and my most recent visit was disappointing. The waiter, Robert is very nice to regular patrons, but super rude to others, including those with coupons. They are always understaffed; keeping patrons waiting for an excessive amount of time. If you don't have a reservation, you will wait even longer.

Although the service was always lacking, the good food kept us coming back. Yet, on our recent visit, the food quality was lacking. My husband's chicken was overcooked and the pasta lacked flavor.

Not sure if we will return; parking issues, lacking atmosphere, bad service and now poor food quality has this restaurant on the fence.

2  Thank SuperAwesom
Reviewed July 4, 2014

My fiance aren't exactly rich, so anytime a Groupon or Living Social Deal would come up for Pasta Tree, we would get it. The food itself is delicious but very expensive so we had to take advantage of deals when they arose. However, the attitude of the waitstaff would completely change as soon as we brought out the printed deal.

There is one waiter in particular, Robert, who has a rather night and day personality. There are customers who clearly regulars and he is extremely friendly and congenial with them. Then he would come to our table to wait on his and his entire demeanor would change. He wouldn't smile, would barely speak, and his body language indicated that he'd rather wait on anyone else but us. We are always careful to calculate the tip based on the original amount so I didn't understand why we were being treated in such a way.

I initially complained through Groupon and received an apology from the restaurant and was satisfied with this. My fiance and I didn't have any further problems when just the 2 of us went. However, the last time we were there, my parents joined us and they had purchased a Living Social deal. We were seated at a table in an isolated corner and while it was a little tight, we were comfortable. My mom showed Robert, the waiter, her Living Social deal before we ordered. All of a sudden we were moved to another table to make way for a "group of 5" (which wouldn't fit at the current table we were at anyway) and placed in a doorway. A group of 4 was seated where we had been 10 minutes later. My father's chair was in the doorway and he kept getting kicked everytime someone walked by. My mom is a very friendly and outgoing person and Robert was nice to her but really didn't spare much on the rest of us.

Needless to say, while the homemade pastas and sauces are truly delicious, it's not worth being treated like we are cheap crap off the street. I will not be going back.

3  Thank Sally1382
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Visited here on Valentines Day 2014. The parking here was an experience and the restaurant is very cramped and dimly lit. Once you get past that everything else was great. I had half a lobster tail in pasta with white sauce and it was amazing. My fiancé had pasta as well but her dish was a little bland on flavor. Definitely worth the treat once in awhile and will likely return as soon as I can find a parking spot on the East side of Milwaukee on a Saturday night.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

From the antipasto to the desert, this meal was a true Italian treat. The service was spot on, the food wonderful, and the ambiance perfect for a romantic dinner for two - and they even take reservations. A must see for locals as well as travelers.