“Good food but limited menu”
Review of Conejito's Place

Conejito's Place
Ranked #259 of 1,534 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Walker's Point
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The food was great but the menu limited, tacos and enchiladas. The food is served on paper plates and they charge you for the 4oz cup of chips and salsa. this only surprised me because all other Mexican restaurants I've been to have included unlimited salsa and chips as part of your dinner, however, they are also much more expensive. Overall very inexpensive and the food we did have was good. The restuarant wasn't too busy but the bar was packed and the half-n-half margaritas were great!

There are newer reviews for Conejito's Place

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Across from the round about of the hotel, this local, authentic bar/restaurant sits. Cheap bar prices, authentic food served on paper plates, a great spot to sit and hang out.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have been going to Conejito's since I was a little girl with my father (who is from Mexico, but raised in Milwaukee), so I have been a customer for 35 years approximately. Anyhow, it's always been my go to place for a great CHEAP Mexican food. The people you meet, the food and drinks, it's all part of the experience. Since Conejito passed away, I think there are too many "managers" there (their BEST manager LaLa was "let go", & has since opened her own place "LaLa's in Cudahy) & now the place is at best, mediocre. But here is why I am writing my 2nd review of the place.....

I was there w/ a good friend, who has also been a customer there for over 25 yrs., and we always order a la carte, like a taco, enchilada, rice, beans, etc..... We each had order 2 STEAK tacos. We bit into them, and the meat was awful. It tasted like it was old meat (funky taste) and it was TOUGH, hard to even chew, you had to spit it out. We asked our waitress to just take them back, she asked if we wanted two new ones, and we both said "NO!" (really, why take that chance again?). So she did take them back, and when our bill arrived, we were being charged for the FOUR steak tacos, when we asked "why?" she said "you took a bite out of them". Okay, we took ONE bite out of ONE taco, so if that's the case, shouldn't we then have gotten at least 2 credited off our bill? The rest of our food was okay, but not the SAME as before. Smaller portions for sure, but it is just missing something? If this is your first time going, you don't know what you could have had, so you may enjoy your meal?
However, with the history I've had there, I don't go there as often simply because I can't take a "hit or miss" kind of place?

On the plus, their margarita's are still KILLER! I suppose I can drink them there and hit another Mexican restaurant in the area!?!?

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I really enjoyed my beef tacos but the enchiladas didn't look very appealing and my partner didn't enjoy them at all. Very reasonably priced margaritas!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Visiting from Boston, we'd heard about Conejito's for years from our friends who took us on a Saturday. Wow! Who cares about the paper plates? The food is excellent! Everything tasted fresh, the mole was exceptional. Chips are hot and tasty and the margaritas strong. I've never had food like this and would return in a heartbeat. We enjoyed the busyness, the bustle and the noise - it felt like a party and a good one, at that.
Okay, I wouldn't go here for date night or if I wanted to have an intimate dinner but so what? With friends who are up for a good time with great food and drink, this is the place.
Thanks to Kate, Denny and Pam for turning us on to The Little Rabbit's Place!