“Celebrate Here!!”

Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,526 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lake Drive
Description: Serving authentic, rustic French cuisine in a bustling bistro setting, the restaurant features a menu that ranges from traditional to more modern and a chef's menu that changes with the seasons. The view of Lake Michigan from the two lake rooms in the Bistro is unrivaled by any other restaurant in the city. Plenty of free parking and a gorgeous park setting make Lake Park Bistro an appealing choice for any dining occasion. Lunch is served Monday through Friday, with guests able to choose from an a la carte menu or from the Menu d'Affaire, which offers a 2-course lunch for $19 and a 3-course lunch for $22. Sunday brunch is among the best in the Midwest, featuring three courses with champagne or a mimosa. Dinner is served nightly, and special events like wine dinners and the annual Black Truffle Dinner are highlights for guests and staff alike.
Hartland, Wisconsin
“Celebrate Here!!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

If it is an anniversary, birthday, promotion, etc., this is the place to celebrate! French food can be intimidating, but as always, the Bartolotta group makes it the perfect night! We have taken both of our teenage daughters with us and it is their favorite Milwaukee restaurant as well. Yes, it is pricey and we don't eat here but once or twice a year, but it is so exciting when we do. The wait staff is friendly and not condescending like most French restaurants, so ask questions without fear of reproach! The atmosphere is wonderful and almost magical!

• Visited December 2013

Pewaukee, Wisconsin
“poor service, poor food”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We made reservations on the recommendation of numerous friends. We were seated promptly and at a table near the window. It went down hill from there. Our service was horrible as we had to ask for water twice and also bread. We also had to ask for wine with our dinner. The french onion soup was excellent, but my husbands steak was medium well instead of medium rare and the sides were overcooked as it was obvious when the second plate was brought out. My salmon was only "ok" but the sides were dried out. To make matters worse there was a hair in my dessert. We will never eat at this restaurant again.

• Visited July 2014
Joe B, Owner at Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. Please email us at media@bartolottas.com with your contact information so we can learn more about your experience. Thank you!
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Always excellent.”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I've come here many times and never written a review. This past week, I came here with family to celebrate my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. The food was perfect, service was very good and the atmosphere was beautiful. I love how their menu evolves but you can still always find some of your favorite things. They also know how to mix a drink!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Paseando
Dubuque, IA
“Excellent food and Service”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I visited with 3 business associates. The restaurant was decorated tastefully and I knew immediately that I was in a nice place. The waiter was very versed on the meals and menu. I was impressed. I had the french onion soup as a starter. Very good and not too salty. Salmon cooked med/rare as ordered. Also very good. A ribeye was also served. My associate enjoyed it. I would like to return with my wife.

Miami
“Bon Bistro”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We experienced a lovely romantic evening here thanks to a former local resident who recommended it to us. Our reservation was made through OpenTable and we were seated at the appointed time at a window table with a stunning view through the summer foliage toward the lake. Our waitress was friendly and a true professional, however, the service was very slow paced. The wine menu was excellent and the bistro food was appetizing with more than ample portions. We began with the Oeuf Mollet avec Champignons which was perfectly presented. My husband had the Sole a la Meunire and I had the paillard of chicken. Since the portions were large, we shared a berry sorbet for dessert.

The only sour note was that the host seemed taken back when we asked if he would call a taxi for our return to the hotel. He grabbed the telephone and handed it to my husband, who politely repeated our request for him to call the taxi. Being out of town visitors, we didn't exactly know where we were to give proper instructions. Eventually, he grudgingly put in the call.

Visited July 2014