“I am in love....”

Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 1,518 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lake Drive
Description: Serving authentic, rustic French cuisine in a bustling bistro setting, the restaurant features a menu that ranges from traditional to more modern and a chef's menu that changes with the seasons. The view of Lake Michigan from the two lake rooms in the Bistro is unrivaled by any other restaurant in the city. Plenty of free parking and a gorgeous park setting make Lake Park Bistro an appealing choice for any dining occasion. Lunch is served Monday through Friday, with guests able to choose from an a la carte menu or from the Menu d'Affaire, which offers a 2-course lunch for $19 and a 3-course lunch for $22. Sunday brunch is among the best in the Midwest, featuring three courses with champagne or a mimosa. Dinner is served nightly, and special events like wine dinners and the annual Black Truffle Dinner are highlights for guests and staff alike.
Milwaukee
“I am in love....”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Every time I go to Lake Park, the service is perfect, and the food is excellent. This used to be a "special occasion" place, but it is now in our rotation for restaurants my husband and I like to frequent.
The mussels and frites at lunch time are to die for, and my new favorite steak in Milwaukee is the filet on the dinner menu. (and that says a lot since we love Mason Street Grille, Ward's House of Prime, and Carnevor).
I love the tables by the windows, but you need to get an earlier reservation (5 or 530) to usually get those tables. Also, the bar has been redone, and I'd concider having dinner at the bar on a more "casual" night.

• Visited March 2013

Midwest
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Love the restaurant and love the views and the food. Only setback is the noise level is very high and the tables are close together and awkwardly placed for service. The good tables by the windows are great but limited, and the rest are not so great.

Visited July 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Put a fork in me because I am done with Bartolotta's.”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

After having burnt food and almost the worst service ever on my last visit to Joey Gerard’s in Mequon, I decided to give Bartolotta’s one last chance at the Lake Park Bistro location. Even though I still have a gift card left over for $25.00 off a bottle of wine, I can honestly say that I am done with over-rated Bartolotta’s restaurants. I guess the gift card will go to waste. I cannot keep saying that “maybe it’s just a bad night” at Bartolotta’s when every dining experience has its problems. I also go almost weekly to four restaurants owned by a couple in Sheboygan and have only had one bad dining experience there in approximately 4 or 5 years. Therefore, a quality dining experience can be consistently done. The frequency of bad dining experiences at Bartolotta’s is just too high.

Service: Service would have been almost impeccable had the waiter not forgot the macaroni that I ordered. He wrote our order down and he even drew a box around the macaroni order yet the food never made it to the table. Out of everything that I ordered this was what I was most looking forward to. I shouldn’t have to remind the wait staff that I ordered food. That’s their job. “Maybe it was just a bad night.”

Food: The French onion soup and filet mignon are good. The mushroom soup (that the waiter “talked up”) was just OK. My wife said that her hanger steak was very good. The crème brule was disappointing. The bread was as hard as a rock.

Value: Expect to spend $100.00 per couple without drinks. I cannot justify the money that I am spending at Bartolotta’s anymore.

Atmosphere: The atmosphere is nice. The place was clean. There are nice views of Lake Michigan but we were told that there was a private party the night of 5-2-13, so we were seated in the “non-scenic view” area.

Overall, it’s not a bad place. I’m just done spending the money and done being disappointed.

• Visited May 2013
Joe B, Public Relations Manager at Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. We'd like to be able to follow up with you about it. Please e-mail media@bartolottas.com with your contact information and more details about your visit.
Racine, Wisconsin
“Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

For my 50th birthday dinner celebration we took 11 people to Lake Park Bistro and I can't begin to tell you how much fun we had. The servers were exceptional, the food was outstanding, the cocktails were terrific! I love LPB and have been coming here several times a year for years, they never miss. Go for lunch, brunch or dinner you won't be sorry. Thank you to LPB for making my special birthday a dinner to remember!

Visited February 2013
“In Milwaukee Bartolotts means best of the best”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Service at al of their establishments is excellent, chiefs are all award winning and all are a little bit different in what they do. I just love going to them and do often

Visited April 2013