“Old Time Supper Club”

Five O'Clock Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Five O'Clock Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 1,555 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Five O' Clock Steakhouse, formerly Coerper's Five O'Clock Club, has been a family-owned and independently operated Milwaukee supper club since 1948. Five O'Clock specializes in serving the finest steaks and seafood paired with a notable wine list, classic cocktails, as well as outstanding, personalized service. The Alley Cat Lounge at Five O'Clock Steakhouse features Milwaukee's best free live music, classic cocktails and a 1940's retro-lounge ambiance.
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is an old fashioned supper club with great steaks. The portions are huge. It's best if you split a side or you will have way too much food. Off-street free valet parking is nice. All steaks come with their special au jus, which was a little salty for me, but our steaks were done perfectly.

1  Thank Linda Y

Reviewed July 21, 2013

The atmosphere is pure retro, friendliest bartenders in town, impeccable service and amazing steaks. I'm not much of a meat eater and had planned to order fish, but the bartenders description of how the steak was prepared convinced me that not ordering one would be a big mistake. My bacon wrapped tenderloin proved he was right. The blue cheese topping and creamy sauce, compared with medium-rare done to perfection was a real winner. The place was pricy, for my husband and myself anyway, however we will be back. Just go!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were in town and looking for the best steakhouse. Based on reviews, we thought we'd try it. The lobster Mac and cheese was outstanding. We were all underwhelmed by the steaks. It was just "big food". The flavor was very mediocre. Both my dinner mates said their medium rare steaks were over cooked. A lady sitting next to us was ripping the waitress apart because her steak "tasted terrible". We travel a lot domestically and internationally for work, and have a pretty good idea what we're looking for in a great steak. We didn't find it here. I don't put it in my top 10. My associate doesn't put it in his top 50 (he travels more than I do).
If this truly is the best steak in the city, I really feel bad for the great citizens of MKE.

1  Thank Jeff K
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Nice place, bit old fashion charm. Good place for dinner. Reasonably priced.

Reminded me of steak places up Nort'

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Being European it was fantastic to be able to visit what I am told is a good old fashioned 'supper club'. The bar looks like it hasn't changed for 20 years, but that isn't a bad thing. The bartender was lovely and welcoming. The drinks were as perfect.

The staff were good fun and looked after us diligently. The food was wonderful and they should bottle and sell the parmesan cheese sauce!

This place is a must for all overseas travellers.