“You've got to be kidding....”

Five O'Clock Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Five O'Clock Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 1,519 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Five O' Clock Steakhouse, formerly Coerper's Five O'Clock Club, has been a family-owned and independently operated Milwaukee supper club since 1948. Five O'Clock specializes in serving the finest steaks and seafood paired with a notable wine list, classic cocktails, as well as outstanding, personalized service. The Alley Cat Lounge at Five O'Clock Steakhouse features Milwaukee's best free live music, classic cocktails and a 1940's retro-lounge ambiance.
“You've got to be kidding....”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We were in town and looking for the best steakhouse. Based on reviews, we thought we'd try it. The lobster Mac and cheese was outstanding. We were all underwhelmed by the steaks. It was just "big food". The flavor was very mediocre. Both my dinner mates said their medium rare steaks were over cooked. A lady sitting next to us was ripping the waitress apart because her steak "tasted terrible". We travel a lot domestically and internationally for work, and have a pretty good idea what we're looking for in a great steak. We didn't find it here. I don't put it in my top 10. My associate doesn't put it in his top 50 (he travels more than I do).
If this truly is the best steak in the city, I really feel bad for the great citizens of MKE.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jeff K

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Good old fashion steak house.”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Nice place, bit old fashion charm. Good place for dinner. Reasonably priced.

Reminded me of steak places up Nort'

• Visited April 2013
London
“Amazing cheese sauce”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Being European it was fantastic to be able to visit what I am told is a good old fashioned 'supper club'. The bar looks like it hasn't changed for 20 years, but that isn't a bad thing. The bartender was lovely and welcoming. The drinks were as perfect.

The staff were good fun and looked after us diligently. The food was wonderful and they should bottle and sell the parmesan cheese sauce!

This place is a must for all overseas travellers.

• Visited May 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Best steaks in town”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

A classic Wisconsin supper club, this restaurant has fabulous steaks -- if you're a carnivore, you shouldn't miss it.

Franklin, Wisconsin
“great food and service”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was the only one out of our group of 4 that had not been here before and I was not disappointed. When you arrive you sit at the bar and order from there, they then take you to your table with it set up for what you have ordered. Three of us had steaks (water aged) that were absolutely fantastic, my husband had the ribs which were equally as good. The stuff mushrooms caps were awesome along with the calamari. Our friends ordered the lobster mac and cheese, which I tasted and was also very good. Drinks were done right, service was great, will be going back.

• Visited May 2013