“Almost perfect. New & convenient.”

Milwaukee Marriott Downtown
Ranked #15 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed April 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott for 3 nights. It was a pleasant stay from beginning to end. It's easy to access, as it's not an extremely busy street. It is within walking distance of the riverwalk & some great restaurants. All employees were very friendly, helpful & ready to be of assistance. My husband is a platinum rewards member, so we were able to upgrade to the concierge level after a short wait (10 minutes!). The whole hotel is beautifully designed and decorated. If you enjoy the old architecture of Milwaukee, you'll enjoy the views from this hotel. The one thing we missed was a whirpool/hot tub. The water in the pool was a little too cool to be enjoyable. Housekeeping was unobtrusive, though being in a corner room, we heard a lot of doors closing at certain times of the day. Overall a wonderful stay. Food & service was great in the restaurant as well. Don't miss the beer cheese dip with pretzels

Room Tip: I would avoid being near the stairwells.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Open less than a year, the facilities still feel like brand new. Convenient downtown location on Wisconsin Ave. We were able to walk to several nearby restaurants, and there's a Starbucks and casual-dining restaurant right in the hotel. Nice workout room with the latest equipment. What amazed me the most, however, was the staff. From the valets and doormen to the front desk and restaurant staff and housekeeper, all of them treated me and my family like they were genuinely glad to see us and anxious to help make our stay enjoyable. And the hotel manager checked with me several times our two days there to see if there was anything else they could do for us.
As another guest remarked in the elevator, they were treated like they were royalty. I agree, and
look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jim n
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed at this hotel this past weekend and had a good experience. This is a new hotel in Milwaukee and it is impressive. First, the location is great! It is within walking distance of several restaurants, bars, theaters, and events. Second, the staff was so nice! Everyone from the valet to the reception to the bellhop. Everyone was very friendly and answered any questions we had. Now, we stayed this past weekend which was a really busy weekend in Milwaukee. This was literally the last hotel room available downtown. We checked in at about 5:00pm, and our room was not ready yet due to having a full house the night before and a full house that night as well. This understandably can put a crunch on housekeeping. The staff was very courteous and gave us 2 free drinks and an appetizer in the bar. They also gave us 2 free drinks at Starbucks. This was thoughtful and we enjoyed the food and drinks. The room was ready about an hour later. The room itself was very clean and comfortable. I liked the modern decor and for having a full house, it was very quiet. I couldn't hear people coming and going from their rooms at all. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Milwaukee.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TLCotton
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Booked this property after being a Platinum member with Marriott and not wanting to stay at the conference Hilton hotel. Rooms and amenities are nice. Front of the house staff are great. Housekeeping was not up to par at all. Found a few things throw away that i wanted to keep and coffee supplies and other stuff not replaced with new ones. I will stay at the residence inn from now on in Milwaukee.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Jeffrey H, General Manager at Milwaukee Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

We appreciate your comments and certainly thank you for taking the time to share your expereince. As a direct result of your feedback we are evaluating our process in cleaning our guest rooms, specifically when it comes to personal articles. I was delighted to hear that you found the staff to be delightful and the rooms and amenities to your liking. We most appreciate your platinum level membership and know you have choices. Thank you for choosing Marriott.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stay in hotels nearly 240 nights a year, mostly for work. This is one of the nicest, cleanest most professional hotels I ever stayed in. The staff is outstanding and the room was outstanding. I will return to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Dave G
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My friend and I decided to take an impromptu trip up to Milwaukee from Chicago for the weekend and made reservations at the Milwaukee Marriott Downtown.

When we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted by the valet attendant. I didn't realize that the hotel would be valet only in downtown Milwaukee and at $30.00 per night I was a little shocked. However, unlike most other ramps near the hotel, the valet parking has unlimited in/out access. The ramp across the street is $16.00 each time you take your car out of the ramp. We used my car often, so in the end this was a winning situation.

The girl at the desk at check-in (we checked in on Friday, 2/7 around 9:00-9:30pm) was super friendly. I can't recall names (I am horrible with names), but she definitely set the bar high right off the bat. We grab our stuff and head up to the room. I did notice an odd "smell" in the hallway on the 8th floor, like a dirty vacuum cleaner or something. We smelled it all weekend. Might want to check that out. Once we got to our room, I was impressed with the cleanliness and just how nice the room was overall. The room was large, plenty of room to move about and the bathroom was also large. We really didn't want to leave the room all weekend it was that nice! I would look into having a softer pillow option as the ones in the room are comfy at first but sleeping on them all night made for a stiff neck in the morning, no big deal though.

In the morning we had breakfast down in the restaurant. The service was spot on and the waitress (again, I can't recall her name but there is another server we had on Sunday who looked just like her) was on it the entire time. Always had a smile and made us laugh several times. As did the server on Sunday morning. The food came out quickly and we did eat some food off the buffet.

The hotel is in a good location with plenty of restaurants close and within walking distance. I would suggest this hotel to anyone staying in Milwaukee. The hotel is nice and modern and feels good when you walk in the door. All of the staff was super friendly, always greeting and saying hello. Everyone had a smile on their face... it was refreshing. We will be back and we will stay at the Marriott.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Daniel J
Reviewed January 26, 2014

First time staying there for business. The rooms are very new and nice. The staff are very friendly, helpful and professional except they don't know how to connect an outside call to the room?? Wife wasn't happy. Parking is pricey as only valet parking for $30/night is available. I self-parked across the street for $16/night.
For those of us who live in hotels, the concierge level is bad. It is very nicely decorated and roomy. But, generally it opened late and closed early. One day no one showed up to open it and the manager had to try to get it going. He was very apologetic but unfortunately for me it was too late. Food is very mediocre. Not a lot of variety, pretty much the same "pizza puff" finger food every night. They ran out of desserts one night. The Minneapolis City Center Marriott concierge level (best of the bunch) puts this one to shame.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators as the "chime" is very loud and annoying.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank bigtuna2014
Jeffrey H, General Manager at Milwaukee Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thank you for your comments. I was the manager that you met the morning the concierge lounge did in fact open late. I apologize again for the inconvience, as typically our lounge is open and ready at 6:30am daily Monday through Friday. We value feedback and will continue to evolve the services we provide in the lounge and throughout the hotel. Thank you again.