“Comfy beds always bring us back.”

Milwaukee Marriott Downtown
Ranked #16 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

It was very busy over the weekend we visited but I think not having your room made up until almost 7pm is not acceptable. We had late night room service and called to have the tray picked up. We finally just put it outside the door. It was still there when we checked out at 10am. Yuck.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is decent, fairly new - within last 2 months I believe. Rooms are what you would expect from a Marriott - clean and relatively nice. The problem I have with the property is that it is far too expensive for a Marriott in Milwaukee. I travel to MKE for two weeks every month, and stay with a corporate rate - the downtown Marriott is priced well above every other hotel in town (nearly double for a comparable brand).

Room Tip: Request a high floor
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Convenient location to the lake and the River Walk. The hotel is less than 2 months old, so everything is new and clean, the staff was very attentive. The hotel was everything that we expect from a Marriott - we are platinum level people - we were not disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I had the opportunity of staying in this new property for the Connect Marketplace Conference. It was clean, comfortable, homey, with the most personable staff I have ever encountered. I have stayed in many hotels during my hospitality career, this was my favorite experience to date. The staff are not cloned or robotic which can be a typical chain hotel MO. I never opened a door in the lobby, was greeted several times at any location in the hotel,they knew my name, excellent eye contact, down right friendly. This management team must set the tone by example. I can't wait to return to my new favorite hotel. THANK YOU!!!

Room Tip: Ask the staff, I guarantee they will hear the questions and act accordingly.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed here recently for the Connect Marketplace Conference and the custromer service at this property was outstanding! I would highly recommend it. Don't be confused by the address which states E. Wisconsin; the hotel is actually on Milwaukee Street.

2  Thank Tim J
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because my wife was attending her high school reunion that weekend. The hotel is very conveniently located. One of our sites of interest was the Milwaukee Art Museum, which is within easy walking distance. (The boss was one of my wife's classmates.)

The staff were all very helpful and friendly. The restaurant was excellent, with very attentive staff and prompt service. My only minor quibble was the cost of parking, but I suspect that is a problem with any downtown hotel.

We hope to return to Milwaukee before too long and will certainly stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in this brand new Marriott in Milwaukee. The staff welcomes us in a warm and very professional way making us feeling at home. The room is perfectly appointed, with the confy Marriott beds and every amenities you may need. Very nice restaurant with a pleasant atmosphere.
Pay attention! The official address of the hotel is on 323 East Wisconsin Avenue, but the entrance is on North Milwaukee Street. Set your navigator on this latter destination!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple