“Light Sleepers: Avoid Room 216”

The Brewhouse Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Brewhouse Inn and Suites for a weekend in September. My boyfriend is a homebrewer so I thought it would be a fun place to stay. We were seeing a couple of show at the Pabst Theater. The décor is fabulous and unique. There were several sitting areas throughout the hotel. There was something interesting everywhere we looked.
We had a non-suite with a king-sized bed. The bed was most comfortable hotel bed that I have ever had. The room was spacious. I liked that we had an apartment-sized refrigerator/freezer. There was even a dishwasher and two burners. The thermostat kept the room at a desired temperature.

I would highly recommend avoiding the room we had: 216. Every time someone came in the main doors of the hotel, it caused loud bang in our room. I asked the first morning if they could do anything about it. They suggested that I buy ear plugs. I thought they should have give them to me since their poor design was the reason for me not sleeping.

Another annoyance is the hotel bar was closed for a private function on a Saturday night. We came back from the show thinking we could get something to eat and a beer. There is nothing else in the area. We were too tired to walk back to the area with restaurants. Also, housekeeping took our bath towels and didn’t replace them. The breakfast is forgettable, but it really didn’t bother me. I don’t expect a fabulous free breakfast.

2  Thank Elizabeth C

Reviewed September 20, 2013

The Brewhouse Inns and Suites is an amazing place to stay. The service was excellent and the location to downtown was exactly what my wife and I were looking for as we celebrated our 6th anniversary. We stayed in the exclusive Baron Terrace suite on the 6th floor. It was fully furnished with kitchen, bath, and the best part a balcony for looking at downtown Milwaukee. The history of the building was also a treat as it once was home to the Pabst Brewery. Today you can enjoy a great night's stay while enjoying the beautifully blended architecture that incorperates the old world charm of the brewery with the new comforts that is The Brewhouse Inns and Suites. Awesome place to stay.
The Pros of The Brewhouse Inns and Suites:
The service was great. All the employees I came into contact with were very helpful in accommodating our needs.
The location was great as it was easy to get to other places downtown.
The room was clean and organized.
The balcony was great for enjoying the breeze off of Lake Michigan and the view was not bad.
The Cons:
Cost! It was expensive. For the price I paid I think at the very least a 6 pack of PBR in the fridge wound't have hurt to sweeten the deal.
No screened windowns or screened door for the balcony to let the Lake Michigan breeze into the room.
A/C was nosiy and the room was a bit stuffy without the circulation of air in it.
The view from the balcony was partially obstructed by the parking structure across the street.

I would recommend the Brewhouse Inns and Suites to anyone looking to embrace a little piece of Milwaukee history.

Room Tip: Ask about discounts! I used my Triple A card and got a nice discount on the room I paid for.
1  Thank putter_jr
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and I decided to stay at the Brewhouse Inn for our 40th wedding anniversary. Even though we live in Milwaukee I had heard good things about it since it opened. I had opted for the Baron Suite which is one of the most expensive rooms, but has a outdoor terrace with a somewhat view of downtown Milwaukee. The room was extraordinary. Clean, modern, large. The king bed was very comfortable. The terrace was nice but had a somewhat obstructed view by the parking structure across the street. And it was raining that night so we didn't get to sit on the terrace.

Kellie was the afternoon / evening desk clerk. She was very helpful and everyone wished us a Happy Anniversary.

Cons: Why is it the more you pay for a hotel the less you get? $300 a night and then have to pay $25 to park your car. The rooms could use some little extras. How about a DVD player, a CD player, hot chocolate along with coffee, micro wave popcorn.

My wife would have liked a nice soft comfortable robe after a shower.

We have stayed in many hotels for far less money that have provided all these extras.

Since this is suppose to be a place supporting Milwaukee and the State, how about using real Wisconsin butter at breakfast? Not butter from Texas.

Room Tip: Ask for AAA discount. Stay away from rooms that are near the Blue Ribbon Pub. Noisy
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed at the Brewhouse Inn during a recent trip through Wisconsin. The hotel is housed within one of the converted Pabst brewing buildings. The developers maintained the architectural integrity of the building including maintaining the original kettles and finishes within the hotel. The rooms/suites are very well appointed and clean. Complete kitchens with modern appliances compliment high ceilings, comfortable chairs/beds and an impressive washroom. The hotel is quiet with professional service. One of the nicest places I've stayed during a business trip. I was surprised how few people were at the hotel the night of my visit. To all of you travelling through or staying in Milwaukee...this is the place to be. Oh yeah...and the bar inside the hotel is a special spot too. Good food and fantastic beer selection.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ian m
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Kellie at the front desk has gone above and beyond to help us with our room needs. After being bumped from a reputable hotel, because they were overbooked, we were sent to the Astor Hotel, of which was disgusting.
Because the Brewhouse Inn is a new boutique hotel, it had availibility. What a find! This place is gorgeous,clean and the staff is all very friendly. A great place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The Brewhouse Inn and Suites is very unique! It has all the old world charm but with a modern touch and elegance. I was planning a birthday trip to Milwaukee for my fiancé who had never been. The Brewhouse was my first choice. Although the price felt a bit steep – it was comparable to other hotels in Milwaukee that didn’t include breakfast (and were the typical hotel room). We stayed in a queen room and it was very comfortable (large bathroom, kitchen, comfy bed and work area). I would try for a king room next time around since our room only had two small windows (facing north). Parking across the street was easy and only $9 for the night and if you park after 6pm you can try finding a spot on the street. We would def. stay again!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

The two outstanding things about the Brewhouse Inn and Suites were the ambiance (a brilliantly renovated old brewery) and the staff. The staff was exceptionally nice across the board. The room was sizeable, very clean, and stocked with quality essentials. The bed was comfortable. There are a couple of reasons this wasn't an "excellent" rating, but I wouldn't let them stop you from staying there. One of the reasons was that the central open-air multi-story lobby that gives the hotel its beautiful look leads to easy noise transfer into the room, especially at Friday night bar time. The other downside was the breakfast; it was adequate (and offered more than cereal and milk), but nothing very substantial. I would also say this hotel was just a little off the beaten path for walkable restaurant variety, but the on-site pub was fine for an easy bite to eat. Overall, go stay here, just be forewarned about a little bit of noise and maybe plan breakfast out.