“Consistently great service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Indian Hills, United States
“Consistently great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Milwaukee every week for business and it never disappoints. The front desk staff is the best in the industry and they always greet me by name. Kudos to Teresa and Katrona!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Nick J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Nelson
Thank you so much for your loyalty to our hotel. We love having you as our guest! I am delighted to hear that you have such a great relationship with Theresa and Katrona! Thank you again. See you soon!
Nick Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Oconomowoc, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Wonderful staff, and breakfast waitress was outstanding. Overall so glad I chose this hotel! The room was clean, and very quiet. The hotel itself is loaded with character. The breakfast was delicious and reasonably priced. I would opt to stay again the next time I attend a concert downtown.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Victoria
Thank you for your kind words. I am delighted that you enjoye dyour expeirence with us, our staff, and the character of the Loyalty Building. Thank you for choosing our hotel. I hope you can make it back soon!
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I, like another reviewer, have mixed feelings about this hotel (or maybe it's the hotel chain)? The building was gorgeous, our room was extremely clean and comfortable, the location was perfect for walking around the city.
BUT, we had booked two nights - an emergency precluded us making the first night and I called to say we still wanted the room for the next night, but we just wouldn't be in the first night. They had no idea how to put a note on the file, I had to call a third party, have them put me on hold, have them call the hotel and then have the third party click back after a long wait to tell me they got the hotel to do what I asked in the first place, put a note on our reservation. I wasn't asking for a refund - I just wanted them to know we couldn't make the first night due to an emergency for the room we had already fully paid for and I didn't want to lose the room.
The next thing is we arrived with a lot of luggage - we were in a wedding, had the dress bags, tux bags, etc. You are on your own to haul your stuff up the outside stairs, find a luggage rack, get your stuff to your room and wheel the rack back down stairs, it just felt wrong.
And not only that when we were leaving and wheeled the rack out to the stairs, the guy outside the door (with an island accent, so we don't blame another innocent employee), who I assume should have been assisting with these things, yelled at us that the racks weren't allowed outside. I'm sorry, I don't work for Hilton, I am unaware of your rules and they are not displayed on the racks.
Was a very sour ending to our stay, just before we got into the car to leave. So the hotel itself is lovely - the service, extremely questionable.
Oh, did I forget to mention the maintenance man changing air filters on a giant ladder in the middle of the room while we were in the room? Yeah, odd - like that couldn't have been done when the room was empty?

Room Tip: Room 420 was lovely
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Nick J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with me. I am sorry that you had an unpleasant experience with adding a note to your reservation and getting luggage up and down form your room. While we do not have a dedicated bellman we would be more than happy to assist you with luggage during any future visits. Please feel free to schedule this with the front desk. Thank you again for sharing your comments, I am sorry that we did not meet our goal of exceeding your expectations in every way.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Whether its a business trip or for pleasure, this is the place you might want to stay in Milwaukee. Its right in the downtown, excellent food joints around, and you can walk down to the waters. Staff is professional & courteous. Breakfast has a good spread, with freshly made options from the kitchen. Hotel is kind of a heritage property with high roofs, wall size windows & super spacious rooms. It makes you feel a great, rich and lavish living. It gives you a good mix of ultra-modern and ancient homes. If its Milwaukee, this is the place for me..

Room Tip: Go with rooms at the lobby level or higher. Most of the rooms have amazing views.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank M W
Mitra
Thank you for your kind words. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit and were impressed with our hotel. I hope to meet you the next time you are in Milwaukee. Thank you again for takeing the time to share your experience!
Milwaukee,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Kitchen staff at breakfast and the doormen were extremely helpful. Parking in lot kitty corner across the street was a good deal at ten dollars a day and saved you money. There for a wedding and the location was great and this is just like to blocks from the Market. Old town Milwaukee. 3rd Ward.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars

Linda
I am so glad to hear that you found our staff to be helpfull. Our team takes pride in being as hospitible as possible, comments like yours mean a lot. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your trip to Milwaukee.
Seymour, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

great place close to everything staff is helpful and everything just perfect, if you don't have something just call or ask the front desk and they take care of you. I would recommecnd staying at the Hilton in Milwaukee the it colse to all the night life and beaches just overall great experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Tyler C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you Lamar K!

I appreciate the kind words you gave our Hotel.
I'm glad we gave you a memorble experience. We look foward to seeing you on your next trip to Milwaukee.

sincerely,
Tyler Cooley
Guest Experience Manager
Egg Harbor, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn downtown Milwaukee is a destination property filled with fascinating discoveries at every turn. It's art deco interior is over the top. Inlaid floors, vintage photography, beautifully appointed rooms, great service, and close proximity to the lake, make this hotel our go to place for all of our Milwaukee get-aways.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Jamie
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for the kind words. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to our property and our historic building (the Loyalty Building). I hope you can make it back for another visit soon!
Genernal Manager