“Great Customer Service”

Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown
Ranked #1 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I just wanted to say how impressed I was with the front desk staff. They were super friendly and always had a smile on their face and a pleasant greeting when we walked by! I appreciate little things like that and wanted to share the feedback.

The high ceilings in the room made for a very open and airy feeling. It felt huge! The building is so beautiful and the safes in the hallway add so much charm.

The location is perfect for all downtown Milwaukee activities. We had a great stay and will definitely stay again for the next girls shopping weekend!

Thanks!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Nick J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Jisella

Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit! Please visit again soon. Thank you again.

Nick Johnson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,320)

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Very clean hotel. Within walking distance of many interesting places. Quite a few places for sitting and talking with colleagues. Beautiful architecture. Marble staircase accented with old train pictures were gorgeous. Bathroom and bed was perfect, just what I look for in a hotel room.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Nick J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Kathleen
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our location, historic building and guest rooms. Please visit again! Thank you.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

The building is beautiful and the location is amazing but there were several things that added up to our say being mediocre. First off, the bathroom was not cleaned up to par. There was a used Q-tip behind the toilet and shampoo pasted to the shower wall. Also, there was a major incident in the room next door that led to the sprinkler system being deployed in that room (the hotel was not at fault for this and responded to the emergency situation properly). The result was our floor smelling atrocious and loud equipment running right out front of our room for hours. While I understand they had a major incident to deal with, the commotion and smell right outside our door definitely distracted from what was intended to be a romantic getaway. I know most of this was just unfortunate timing but the staff did nothing to address those of us left to deal with the repercussions of the incident.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Nick J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Rachel
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me. I am very sorry for what you experienced during your stay. I have high cleanliness standards for the hotel, I am very concerned about what you found in your room. Please accept my sincerest apologies. In regard to the release of the sprinkler system in a neighboring room, I am aware that must have been a very distracting situation. I would like to discuss both issues with you in more detail. At your convenience, please contact me directly at either 414-810-4253 (direct line) or njohnson@fhginc.com. Thank you again for taking the time to write us a review.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I was here for a week. Large, high ceiling rooms, beautiful lobby with lots to see, great location, nice bartenders, great room service food. I had a steak one night, it was excellent. However, I'm not sure if my bathroom was cleaned all week. :\ Tidied up, yes, but I know my shower or toilet wasn't cleaned. Otherwise, no complaints. Excellent place to stay, would do again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

William

Thank you for the nice review and for sharing your experience. I am delighted t hear that you enjoyed the staff, food, and our historic building! I am very sorry about your experience with room service. I will be following up with our housekeeping team in regard to comments. Thank you again for taking the time to review us! I hope you can make it back soon.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Beautiful architecture, with informative posters in lobby providing details regarding building history and restoration. Nice quiet room with high ceilings. But, although hotel seemed virtually empty, I was given room with view of alley and adjacent building's air handling units. Exercise room was tiny but clean. Biggest disappointment was breakfast buffet, advertised ts $9.99 in room materials but $11.99 in the restaurant. Either price was way too much, as the buffet was identical to what most hotels provide for free. Given the lack of nearby breakfast options, I was willing to pay for the convenience but other than a very good omelette made to order, the rest was meh and the mini muffins were stale. Either quality needs to be vastly improved or price needs to be greatly reduced, given the room rates.

Room Tip: Ask for room not on alley side.
Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank LisaMD2014

Lisa
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. Thank you for the nice comments and for bringing to light for me the inacurate posting for breakfast. I am sorry that breakfast was a negative aspect of your visit. I will be addressing your feedback with our Garden Grille team. Your feedback is greatly apreciated, thank you again.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

valet parking for $24 with unlimited in/out, or parking garage for $14 a half block down the street. older style building was nice. have to pay for breakfast if you want it at the hotel. nice rooms. check in and out was very quick and easy.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Nick J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Jerry
Thank you for taking the time to writ us a review about your visit. I am glad to see that overall you enjoyed your experience. I hope you can make it back again soon!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

My husband and I tend to look for places like this hotel, where a beautiful old building has been restored back to its original luster. It's wonderful to see a place like this, where care has been taken with the restoration, and really, it takes the typical overnight stay to another level. Any hotel chain can build a hotel ---- but it really says a lot when a company takes the time to restore a building like this, which really could not be constructed like it is in this day and age. Staying here felt extra luxurious.

All of the hotel staff were very nice, and helpful, and combined with a beautiful room (and comfortable bed), it made for a great stay. The location of this hotel is perfect if you want to park your car and do some walking to restaurants and attractions.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the nice review! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the restoration that we dd on the Loyalty Building. We love it too! Please visit again soon!