“Nice room” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Anaheim, United States
“Nice room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

It was very cold when I arrived and it took a while for valet to come out and help me with my car. The hotel is really gorgeous. I love old buildings. The room as nice but sound intrusion is a concern.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Nick J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Tara

Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your experience. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed to the history of our hotel and the Loyalty Building. I have made note of your comments about the valet and noise and will be addressing both. Thank you again!

Nick Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Novi, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Clean, friendly, and well staffed. Fitness center has free weights. Only thing missing for the price was a complimentary continental breakfast. I've stayed in a bunch of hotels during my business travels and this one definitely takes the prize for historic architecture. REALLY cool building that has been rehabbed.

Jeffery

Thank you for your nice review and for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown for your recent visit to Milwaukee. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the aesthetic of our historic building and the friendliness of our staff! Please join us again soon!

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Me and 3 friends (from out of town) booked a stay here so we could go out on the town for a bachelor party. It is a great location in downtown Milwaukee. It is very close to the bars and tons of restaurants. The hotel itself is very nice inside. We had two rooms with 2 queen beds. The beds and pillows were great. The Bellhops were very nice and helpful, the front desk manager was also very nice and friendly. Check in took about 2 minutes.

We had a few cocktails at the hotel bar before we went out for dinner and the service was very good. We also had the complimentary continental breakfast which was also very good. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nick J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit! Milwaukee has a great nightlife, we are lucky to be in the heart of it. Congratulations to your friend on his upcomning nuptial! Thank you again for the nice review.
Crest Hill, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Our one night stay began with the friendliest person behind the desk, Theresa. She is so welcoming, she made us feel as if we were old friends. The building itself is so impressive, loved walking around reading about some of the history of the building posted on the wall. Upon entering our room we were pleasantly surprised at the high ceilings. Finally, I'm germophobic and normally hate hotel stays. This was very different. This hotel room was the cleanest I've seen. It was a wonderful experience and hope you will stay here too.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Nick J, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your interactions with Theresa and our historic building. I hope you can make it back soon!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Great location in a beautiful restored historic building. Rooms large and compfortable but had cleanliness issues. Some staff great (front desk) others just doing their job (bar and restaurant). Menu in restaurant better than expected for a medium valued prperty.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience. I am glad to hear that overall you had a nice visit. I am sorry that your experience with our restaurant staff was not a positive one. I have shared your comments with our restaurnat staff and we are taking measures to provide addtional training and attention to the team. If it is convenient, please contact me directly. I would like to hear from you the specifics about your experience. Thank you again.

414-810-4853
njohnson@fhginc.com
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

Elegant property and the service was top notch. Kudos go to my server Marianna; for making me feel welcome she was pleasant, helpful and attentive. The food was excellent. I travel 80% of my time and know a good staff when I see them - I will be back, and am looking forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: My room, east side was very quiet.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the nice review! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and your experience in our restaurant. I hope I get the chance to meet you during your next visit. Thank you again!
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

Having tried several of the main chain hotels in downtown Milwaukee, I've settled on this one as the best value with the least annoying wi-fi service. The building is lovely and the rooms are recently refurbished. I particularly like the large walk-in showers. The location is easy walking (weather permitting) to all of downtown and the third ward. The staff are casual and friendly; Marianna and both Sabrinas in the dining room and Teresa and Megan at the desk greet me by name in the evenings which creates a homey feel for this frequent traveler.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Nick J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for the nice comments! I am very happy to hear that you have had some many nice encounters with our staff and that we have been able to create a home away from home experience for you when you are in Milwaukee. I am new and look forward to meeting you in person during your next visit!

414-810-4253