“Poorest Hilton Property Stay of 2013”

Ranked #1 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 26, 2013

First time at HGI Milwaukee. Hilton HHonors Diamond for ten years. First assigned room was an interior room with windows separating it from a fully lit, unlocked room (ironically named the "Loyalty Room." A good night's sleep is a huge priority for me, so not knowing who would be going in and out of the adjacent room and at what hours, I asked to be moved. My new room initially seemed better although on the first floor which I hate at any property. At 6:15 a.m., I was awoken by loud noises, banging, and a truck engine. Literally a few feet outside my window is a garbage truck lifting and dumping garbage dumpsters. (see photos)

Other gripes, at breakfast, I had to ask for silverware...despite being told my food would be brought to me, I ended up walking back to cooking area to get my omelet. During breakfast, employee was vacuuming floor and luggage carts immediately next to breakfast area. At zipout check, called twice letting the phone ring more than a dozen times each. Dreading a long line, I headed to the front desk to check out the old fashioned way. Only one staffer at the front desk...who was on the phone!

Will never return to this HGI property.

Room Tip: High floor away form back of hotel,
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Shelly H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Good Evening,

Thank you for sharing your most recent experience with us. I am sorry to hear that we fell short of expectations. I can certainly understand your frustration with each matter that occured.

Your feedback is a very cruicial part of our sucess, as we use all feedback as a constant training tool to assure the best customer experience possible.

Please know that your feedback has been shared with the appropriate management and team members for immediate training and discussion. I assure you this is not standard at our hotel.

I have contacted you via private messege if you could let me know when you had stayed with us I would like to get some more information so i can arrange a suitable resolution for you in hopes that this does not deter you from using us as your hotel of choice when in our area.

I look forward to speaking with you and if you need anything else please do not hesitate to contact us and we will assist in any way possible.

Direct 414-810-4265

Write a ReviewReviews (1,314)

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Beautiful hotel...Geat Experiance Everyone was very helpful, the staff was friendly, the room was large and beautiful very clean & the bed very comfortable. The morning staff was cheerful and helpful. The hotel is a great get-away here in the city.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

HI Susan

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoy the hotels history, structure and customer service.

Your feedback is a very cruicial part of our sucess, as we use all feedback as a constant training tool to assure the bes customer experience possible.

Should you need any assistance in future reservations please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

The hotel is beautiful. It is a gem in Milwaukee and will highly recommend it to anyone I know. The rooms are great with high ceilings and modern decor in a historical building. The staff is great with service minded personalities. This is a premier hotel in the city and will be the only hotel I recommend for anyone coming to Milwaukee

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Shelly H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Good Day Caesar,

hotels history, structure and customer service.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Older property but rooms are good and staff is good as well. No problems. Would prefer wider menu choices for the meals but what was served was ok. Free internet is a plus. Parking in the area is a hassle but that is not the fault of the hotel. Number of good restaurants in walking distance of the property

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Shelly H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate all of our guests feedback as it helps us in ongoing training and helps us suceed in making sure each and every guest has a great experience.

I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and the local area I am however sorry that you found the parking to be a hassle. being a downtown property we like to offer our Valet service for your convienence at a nightly charge and the vehicles are parked in a 24 hour secured/monitored lot.

Should you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me and i would be happy
to assist you.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

This must be one of the most unique, historic Hilton Garden Inn's. Not only is this a Beautiful Gem of history, but a great hotel with clean rooms, great service, and the best breakfast value.

The rooms are clean, high ceilings, friendly staff always ready to serve.

The best part is all the information on the historical information honoring this fantastic structure.

Room Tip: Corner kings are larger, all rooms have amble space.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Shelly H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your valuable feedback about your most recent experience with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotels structure and history. We take great pride in the preservation of our hotel so each and every guest may enjoy it.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your spacious room, the breakfast and experienced great customer service as well. Your feedback is very crucial to our sucess as a team to make sure each and every guest we have contact with has the same satisfactory experience.

We hope that is you are in the area again that we wiould be your hotel of choice. Should you need any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me and I can assist you.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is a beautifully restored historic building. The room was very clean with plenty of towels, etc.The staff was extremely helpful and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to stay in downtown Milwaukee, WI

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Shelly H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Hi Kristine,

Thank you for taking the time out to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the hotels structure and history. Your feedback is very appreciated and cruicial to our sucess so that we can assure each and every guest receives the great customer service that you experienced.
Your comments are appreciated and have been shared with all team members.

Should you be in the area again, we hope to be your hotel of choice.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this Hilton Garden Inn in Downtown Milwaukee. The hotel took the time to preserve the architecture of this 125 year old building yet add many modern amenities. The staff was very friendly and the features of the room top notch. The beds were the most comfortable we have ever slept on. They had a wide array of choices at the lovely breakfast buffet and the hot omelet was a real treat. I wouldn't hesitate to come back to this hotel. If you stay here, make sure you check out all the things they left in place that keep the "Old Milwaukee" feeling. What a gem of a hotel!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Hi Laurie,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your most recent visit to Milwaukee. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed the hotels history and restoration. Its always great to hear a guest had a great experience from the minute they walk in to the minute they leave.

Your feedback and comments have been shared with all team members so we can continue to deliver the best customer service we can to each and every guest. Your feedback and comments are also a very crucial part of our success.

Should you be in the area again, we hope to be your hotel of choice :)