$137
$142
$171
$139
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Milwaukee(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$134
$152
  • Breakfast included
Ambassador Hotel(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$97
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
The Iron Horse Hotel(Milwaukee)
$189
  • Pool
$99
Travelocity
1,354 results
All reviewshistoric buildinghigh ceilingsfront deskbeautiful hotelpublic marketbank buildingfoot ceilingsvalet parkingwithin walking distancevalet servicehuge windowscorner roommilwaukee downtownfirst floormodern amenitiesthe shuttle driverart museum
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Milwaukee was wonderful. The staff is professional and attentive. The rooms are beautiful and the bedding (like sleeping on a cloud) The breakfast buffet was great. Everything was wonderful. I'll stay there again when visiting Milwaukee.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Shelly H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Hi Sheryl

Thank you so much for sharing your raving review about your experience with us. I am very happy to hear that you had a great experience from the time you walked in to the time you departed. I am especially pleased to hear that you enjoyed a wonderful nights sleep on our Serta matresses with the "cloud like feeling" duvets to keep you cozy.

Your feedback has been shared with all team members so we can continue deleivering the great customer service that all of our guests deserve.

Should you be in the area again please feel free to contact us directly and we will make sure you have another great experience

Reviewed October 29, 2013

When you have traveled for business as much as I have... it gets pretty sad when you can name a chain.. and I can tell you exactly how the lobby and rooms will be laid out.. before I enter the door. Despite the points.. when you travel for pleasure.. staying at a chain.. is sometimes the last place you want to stay.. however, the Hilton Garden Inn in Milwaukee is not your typical chain at all. From the moment you approach the building it looks nothing like the 100s you've seen before, because the hotel is located in a refurbished building from the 1880s. It has the feel of a grand old hotel.. with great architectural details through out.. No two hotel rooms are the same.. and don't be surprised to fine some old bank vaults in your hall ways.. a very cool place, refurbished nicely. The hotel has a lounge with food and drinks, but with all the great restaurants in the area.. you will find something great near by. There is no parking at the building so you either need to self park caddy corner from the hotel, or use the valet.. which was not explained very well.. and i ran into an issue which a valet was able to address. The location was great, and you can walk to almost anywhere downtown, the third ward, or to one of the many summer lakefront festivals. For a chain hotel.. this was a true surprise.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back have no views but might be quieter
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Shelly H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Hi TGG312,

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your experience with us. Thank you for the praise about the hotels structure and history, we are very happy you were pleasently suprised that we somewhat stood out as far as "cookie cutter" hotel structures that you are a customed to.

I am sorry there was a little confusion on the parking aspect, but glad that valet was able to answer your questions and concerns on that matter.

I am pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of all the great attractions, resturaunts and venues near by.

Should you be in our area again we hope that we will be the hotel of choice for you. Please feel free to contact us directly and we will be happy to assist.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The only reason I didn't give this place a 5 is because of the price. Our rate was reasonable because we were part of a block of rooms. Full price and I'm not so sure. Really neat rooms with lots of character

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Shelly H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Hi Turks, Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and that you received great customer service. Your feedback will be shared with all team members as a constant customer service refresher so we can assure that every guest receives the customer service they deserve !

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I recently spent two night at this hotel for our wedding. Our king bedroom suite was perfect. We were able to visit with family, and our room was located down a side hallway, so there wasn't any traffic noise from others staying at the hotel. Everything was clean and well taken care of. We even came to the hotel with our wedding party after the ceremony and took photos in the beautiful lobby staircase and atrium. The only concern I have is that when my mother was checking in she was given her room key...upon going into the room that she was given keys for, there was someone in the room sleeping with the TV on. This was a terrible experience and for many reasons, including the safety of my mom and the other guests, I would hope that this doesn't happen again.
I would stay here again...in the hopes that noone else is given access to my room!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Paige, Thank you for taking the time out to share your experience with us. I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and its structure was fitting for your wedding pictures. I am however sorry to hear that we fell below expectations in regards to the mishap of keys/room assignments. I assure you this is not standard at our hotel and your concerns have been shared with the appropriate departments and team members for appropriate action and to make sure an incident like this does not happen again. We pride ourself on making our guests feel safe, secure and taken care of.

We hope that when you are in our area again that we will be your hotel of choice and let us show you the great customer service you deserve :)

Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I were in town to see "Jersey Boys", my third time, his second. I made our reservation two months ahead of time. I was so impressed with the hotel. The beautiful wood, the marble staircase is absolutely stunning. We checked in and were given our keys. We had a dinner reservation, so we had to get ready. Our key wouldn't work. My husband went down to get another, and he opened the door...the door between the adjoining room was open, and propped open with a duffle bag! Someone was in the room, although not there at the time. I called down to the desk and told her people were in the room, and she said she had put us in room 217. I said no, the card with the keys she gave us was a totally different room on the fourth floor. I knew something wasn't right, because I ordered a king corner suite, and this room had two double beds in it. Back down to the desk again, got the RIGHT room keys, and got ready for dinner.
I loved the hotel, it is very chic and very beautiful, but a hint. Don't reserve a corner suite! It was so noisy from the street down below (cars going by, radios blasting, lots of screeching tires!) I was still wide awake at 3:24am. I would definitely stay there again, but would double check the desk for our room next time, and get a room on the inside of the hotel!

Room Tip: Get a room away from the corner!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Pocketmama, Thank you for your feedback on your recent experience with us. I am sorry to hear that we fell below expectations regarding room keys/room assignments for you. I assure you your feedback has been shared with the appropriate team members and departments for improvement. We want to make sure all of our guests feel safe and secure while they are here with us.

If you are ever in our area again we hope that we will be your hotel of choice. We do have King Corner rooms available on a higher floor that are quite a bit quieter for your convienence, I am so sorry that there was excessive noise on the evening you were here.

Should you have any further questions of concerns please feel free to contact me at any area below.