“Excellent Hotel - Historic, attentive staff, clean, great location”

Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown
Ranked #1 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was very pleased with this hotel in all aspects. (room, building, staff, cleanliness, food, location) With hosting a conference every (need - request - or change in plans) that our group had that I was aware of was attended to and taken care of quickly and completely. I hope to have the opportunity to visit again when I can relax and enjoy all this hotel has to offer.

1  Thank Steve P
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown

Reviewed May 9, 2013

From the broken toilet seat on checking in on day one; to cleaning service "forgetting"to service my room. Management continues to display an attitude of "Don't Bother US". Even a request for a call from the general management has gone three hours on day 4 with no response.
Attending to separate conventions in this hotel. Would not recommend to anyone that travels for work or play

2  Thank Joe S
Lisa F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Dear Joe S.,
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that I was not in town during the first few days of your stay. I called you within an hour of my return and left you a voicemail; however you were in a meeting. After your meeting we spoke and I am glad I got to speak to you in detail about your concerns before you departed the following morning. I confirmed with our team that you received my apology card that night after our conversation. During our conversation you did confirm that our Assistant General Manager had sent you an amenity and apology card offering her contact information and personal assistance. I apologize that the toilet seat was loose and appreciate you letting us know upon arrival so it could be taken care of. Our housekeeping team services rooms until 5pm. Unfortunately we did not get to your room until after 3pm (after your called indicating your room had not been cleaned). I can assure you that your room was on our list to be cleaned and you were not forgotten about. We sincerely care about our guests and take all feedback very seriously. Please feel free to contact me with any additional feedback. 414-271-6611
Kind Regards, Lisa

Reviewed May 7, 2013

this hotel I feel should be rated higher than a 3.5. wonderful staff, very nice, accomidating and friendly, easy access to many attractions. Very clean, comfortable beds, beautiful view of the lake. Hotel resturant had good food. Varity of choices for breakfast.

Room Tip: Does not have a pool, was a draw back for our kids, but we keep them busy they forgot about it. Ver...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer R
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The nationally registered historic building located on the corner of North Broadway and Michigan streets recently received a total make over and was converted into a beautiful and unique place to stay and work. The staff is very friendly and helpfull and I would recommend the facility to anyone.

1  Thank Tom S
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a gem of a hotel in downtown Milwaukee.

Rooms have unique layout, but were the largest in anywhere I've stayed in a long time.

Very good service, great breakfast and wonderful staff.

Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Everything was great at the hotel. It was clean, smelled good, and everyone was nice. But, don't forget anything in the hotel room because you will most likely never see it again. I left a Sonicare toothbrush in the bathroom and they never found it. Not sure how you can't find something as bulky as that.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel A
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is a brilliantly located hotel in the heart of Milwaukee within easy walking distance of the Historic Third Ward. The Hotel itself is an interesting building and the public spaces are impressive. The rooms are clean, comfortable, well equipped and spacious. While the bar can be quiet at times, those in search of entertainment need not fear, the bars of the 3rd are fun places to hang out.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business