Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown
$139
  • Pool
$99
Hotels.com
Hyatt Regency Milwaukee(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$134
Ambassador Hotel(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
The Pfister Hotel(Milwaukee)
$203
$178
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Iron Horse Hotel(Milwaukee)
$189
1,354 results
All reviewshistoric buildinghigh ceilingsfront deskbeautiful hotelpublic marketbank buildingfoot ceilingsvalet parkingwithin walking distancevalet servicehuge windowscorner roommilwaukee downtownfirst floormodern amenitiesthe shuttle driverart museum
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Milwaukee to visit my girlfriend for the weekend. I chose this hotel because it was pretty close to the train station. It looked very fancy in the pictures. The room was pretty and well kept. The Internet was fast as promised and the cable was also great as promised. The bed was comfy and the white sheets looked spotless. The bathroom was nice and spacious with a really nice shower. I slept pretty well for being out of the comfort of my home, so I guess you could say the hotel bed did its job.
Unfortunately on the first night somebody pulled the alarm and that thing is scary. It woke me up at 4 in the morning and scared the sheets off of me. It sucked because I was asleep in my pjs and I went straight to the lobby just to find out some ignorant person pulled the alarm. I'm glad it was a false alarm but it was really inconvenient. I'm trying to sleep in peace when I pay good money for a hotel and not be up in the middle of the night, worried that something is going to go wrong.
Other than that, it was a pretty decent place. I did however notice a blinking light in the middle of the night on the ceiling. Whenever I asked the person in the lobby they were unaware of what that was. They just assumed it was either a carbon monoxide detector or some sort of alarm. Those were their descriptions exactly. I was starting to worry that it was a camera some crazy person installed to spy on people. I wish the people who worked at the hotel would have known their hotel but I guess I was out of luck. I also dislike that nobody went out of their way to find out exactly what was in my room. I am still unaware as to what it is. It really creeped me out.
The place was nice but it could have been better. Thanks for reading my very first review everybody.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank ReliableCustomer91
Kay H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear ReliableCustomer91,

Thank you for sharing your memories and concerns regarding your stay.

I am truly sorry to hear that the fire alarm that was unintentionally pulled by the outsider scared and disturbed you during the night. I can imagine how terrifying the alarm sounded. In order to prevent something like this ever happening again, we have installed a security box on the alarm tab itself. It will prevent it from any ‘accidental’ misuse yet will still be available in case of a true emergency. Also we ensured to carry out training to all our staff members on the emergency PA system. They will be able to notify all guests in their guestrooms and hallways of the ongoing situation.

We apologize for the disturbance you have experienced.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you any questions or if there is anything else I can do for you.

Best,
Kay.
414 271 6611

Reviewed February 9, 2013

The hotel itself is stunning, but that doesn't come close to the best part. The best part is definitely the hotel staff. They are friendly and accommodating and treated me like family.

It is important to me that my room is clean, and unless you had a way to prove differently to me, I will swear that I was the first person to ever stay in the suite. Of course that is crazy, but it was just that clean!

I was fortunate enough to meet a lot of the staff, and I'd like to mention them by their names. Diamond cleaned my room and was the gal who made it spotless. Wow, again! Lanique brought some cheesecake and a slice of pie up, and left a nice note. What a lovely young lady! Michelle was the first housekeeper I met, and she gave me a hug - talk about sweet! Shirley was the cutest lady and I just loved the little time I was able to talk to her. Of course, Tyler was the best of all of them. :) (For those reading this review to decide whether or not to stay at the hotel, Tyler is my son and I am definitely partial!) I also met the fastest sheet-folder in the business, Andre, Carter, the nice young man who drove us in the hotel van to and from our dinner destination and Ken from maintenance, who showed me what is behind the gorgeous vault doors.

It was my pleasure to meet the man behind the great team, Peter, who heads housekeeping. After meeting him, I understand why his employees are so engaged and happy, and why they do such a good job. What an incredible person!

This morning, I met Prince who was as friendly as could be, and I saw and talked to Logan who I already knew.

I know I was in a special situation where I was able to meet these wonderful people, and most guests aren't, but I wanted to mention them for all future guests, so you get an idea of what kind of caring people are behind-the-scenes giving you a wonderful hotel experience.

Stay at the Milwaukee Downtown Hilton Garden Inn, and I promise you that you will be very impressed and definitely want to return. It is just that nice!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SandyCooley
Reviewed February 7, 2013

If you need to stay in Milwaukee for business or pleasure, the Hilton Garden Inn on Broadway should be your choice. I was in Milwaukee for business consulting for 10 weeks and got to know this hotel and the surrounding area well. This lovingly restored architectural gem gives the feel of staying in a very grand, expensive hotel from the early 1900s. The rooms are large with 12/14" ceilings, comfortable and well appointed. Beds feel more like a B&B than a hotel with lots of pillows and soft sheets. The staff is definitely top notch – from the door men, front desk, and restaurant staff – to the house cleaning ladies. Everyone smiles and greets you, is engaging, and wants to know how they can help. Incredibly well run hotel providing service and an experience not easily found any more these days. The surrounding area and Third Ward District is delightful and a short walk from the hotel. Great restaurants, shops, salons and bars. And the lakefront and river are not far away either. In all my travels both domestic and abroad, I'd rate this hotel in the top tier. What a nice surprise. Going to need to find an excuse for my husband and I to come back this summer to stay at this HGI when it's warm out and we can enjoy lakefront activities.

Room Tip: I loved room 402 tucked in a corner away from hallway traffic. It has a king bed, a mantle, and large arm chair which wasn't standard in the other rooms I stayed in. No view - but I didn't care.
1  Thank PBuckley_58
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband, son and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for two nights this week while visiting Marquette. This property is located in a beautiful, architecturally interesting historic building that was formerly a bank. The hotel just opened in November 2012. We had a room with 2 very comfortable queen beds. Large room with high ceilings and a tall bank of windows. Bathroom was also very large with the added bonus of super thick, soft towels! The room offered a desk/chair, a lounge chair/ottoman, mini fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. Self Parking was very reasonable at $10/night. The lot is directly catty corner from the hotel. Less than a 30 sec walk. As long as the rates stay the same, we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room fronted Broadway street. We did not hear any noise from the street.
2  Thank bloomcrew
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Traveling for business and discovered this interesting hotel. I’ve stayed at quite a few over the years in downtown Milwaukee for work and this is one of the better properties. I think it used to be an old bank and was recently renovated. The ceilings inside the rooms must be at least 14ft tall- huge inside. The lobby and corridors of this hotel have a feeling of grandeur… granite and old wood trim decorate the inside.

Pro’s
– Great location downtown, walking distance to restaurants, within a safe part of town
– Staff was professional
– Rooms were clean, bed was comfortable, furnishing were modern
– Standard rooms had well-appointed amenities; coffee maker (extra bags for an additional batch of coffee-never see that), microwave, fridge.
– The most HDTV channel selections I’ve seen in a hotel in a long time!
– Free Wi-Fi, excellent signal strength
– Nice restaurant for breakfast… standard prices for a hotel.

Con’s
– Parking is a bit of a hassle, we parked at a lot down the street.

Room Tip: Alley facing rooms can be noisy when the garbage truck arrives early in the morning
2  Thank BottleRockIT