“Cool bar BUT NOT worth the tour part”
Review of Shakers Cigar Bar

Shakers Cigar Bar
Ranked #7 of 135 Nightlife in Milwaukee
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This haunted bar is very cool to visit and have a drink in and experience the atmosphere...However do not spend the money on the tours! The guides, well, simply, they suck at telling the stories/history of the place and have NO personality. If you can get past the long mundane struggle of the tour the actual history on the place is cool...If you believe in spirits and orbs, all you need is your camera and take some shots of the bar and when you get home YES they are there...all over them.
I the attached photos that I took 11/9/13... 1st photo we believe there is a face in the corner of the mirror and orbs in the photo as well..2nd photo the orbs on and around the bed...3rd photo of the fire place, well they are everywhere. Supposedly this fire place was used to "Burn" the lady of the house, her name was Mary.

There are newer reviews for Shakers Cigar Bar

Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband and I went on this tour for the first time last night (Thursday) - 8:30 p.m. I expected it to be really cheesy and lame but it was complete opposite! I'm a believer in the supernatural (as I've had my own experiences and my husband is as far from believing that anyone can get). How convenient that he's never around when something happens! Anyways, we both enjoyed ourselves equally. Never a dull moment - fun, interesting, informative and yes, creepy too. Our Tour Guide, David was fantastic. They are starting up more tours too - different kinds in the Milwaukee area. Their info is on Facebook under Ghost Tales. Spoiler alert, there are also pics on that site of the tour so don't look at them if you want to be completely surprised. The tour was over an hour and you can drink cocktails during as well. There is some up and down stairs, misc. steps and some ducking during the tour so keep that in mind in you have trouble getting around. Pints of beer was 6.00 - reasonably priced for the city. We had a Groupon and a drink was included with our price. The building is beautiful with a ton of history. I would highly recommend this tour for a fun night out on the town!

The only somewhat bad side to this was that there was no air conditioning in the building and during the tour, it can get very hot so dress cool! It was beautiful outside, approx 72 degrees.

2  Thank lorilynn
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Bought the haunted bar tour on Groupon. It was fun and quirky. old time prohibition bar that still lets patrons smoke cigars. Neat place to check out.

2  Thank htaylor75
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The rating is for the overnight stay at Shakers. The bar is very cool, food was awesome and the staff was friendly and entertaining, however, I do not recommend staying overnight. Stating that it is not a hotel room on the website is an understatement. The room was dusty and dirty and we didn’t even want to use the bathroom or the bed. We slept with our clothes on. Our friends stayed overnight the next night and the bed had the same sheets. There is no air conditioning so we had to open the windows and, besides the numerous cigarette butts on the window sill, we could not sleep because of the extremely loud music and people on the street from the club next door that did not close until 4 am. Now we know why so many people leave suddenly -- if we did not already know that most of the hotels in the vicinity were already booked, we would have left immediately, too. The fact that we did not see or hear any ghosts did not bother us at all, it was the lack of cleanliness and the smelly bathroom. I can understand trying to keep it looking authentic, but at least keep it clean and fix the bathroom (particularly for the price they charge). I would not beware of the ghosts, but of being ripped off.

9  Thank ChicagoAlleyCat
Reviewed August 20, 2012

If your a notalgia buff, check out this old time cigar bar. You'll swear your back in prohibition. Complete with high tin plated ceilings and a very friendly proprietor (Bob). The staff is knowledgable and friendly and the drink menu reads like a 1920's playbill.

1  Thank cyd_the_red