“Great food and unique variety of choices”
Review of Bel Air Cantina

Bel Air Cantina
Ranked #78 of 1,577 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Went out with my nieces and nephew while visiting town and it was great! Actually went back the next day lol with some other family members and they liked it too. Lots of unique taco choices among other great dishes. Really reasonably priced also. The only downside is that the first night was cool outside and the place was all closed up and really loud. I felt like we had to practically scream to be heard. The 2nd afternoon, the big garage doors were open, people spilled out onto the patio and the noise situation was much much better.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Bel Air is on the top of my list for great Mexican food! My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our drinks and our dinner. Our waiter was wonderful and great to talk to. We recommend their food and will go back again if we are in the area!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Recently went here with my sisters for an early dinner on a Sunday night. We arrived @ 4:30 and was told it would be 25-30 min wait (even though half the tables were empty), but were seated 5-10 min later. Ordered a half pitcher of the Belair margarita to split with one sister, which was pretty good (they're made with fresh lime juice, which I don't care for, however), and my other sister ordered the "El Cheapo" with strawberry added (for an extra $.50), which was really good.

We all ordered different tacos - eight different types between the three of us, and we didn't even cover half of the taco options! - and they were very tasty. Our servers admitted that he didn't eat red meat, but he still made some excellent recommendations for us (including beef & pork options) that proved delicious. Apparently a favorite of patrons is the "Ninja Pork," and I would have to list it among mine, as well. If you're not a red meat (or any meat) eater, there were many veggie (and even vegan!) options. We didn't get a chance to try any of the non-taco options, such as burritos or fajitas, but those sounded great, too.

Service in general was good, although there were a couple of minor issues, most likely because the dinner crowd had come in and the kitchen got busy; all of our taco orders were correct, but our app of an order of guacamole (which was very tasty) didn't arrive until well after our tacos did, and my sister's second strawberry margarita didn't show up until we were pretty much done eating.

Most customers appeared to be young, hipster types, but this is great for anyone looking for a good Mexican meal. Something that was very convenient was that the server was able to split our bill into three checks, including splitting the guac among the three of us and the half pitcher between my sister and me, which made paying fairly much easier (especially after having a margarita or two!).

We sat inside near the large open windows, but this place has a great patio on the river with a nice view which looked like an excellent place to eat, too, especially in the summer.

In general, this was a nice dining experience, and I would recommend it for friends and couples. I'm not sure that kids would enjoy it, unless they are adventurous eaters.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Their veggie tacos are DELICIOUS! I loved the ambiance of the place and their menu was extensive! My husband loved the fish taco and my favorite was the soy chorizo taco! I most definitely plan on going back!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I wish this place was around when I lived in Milwaukee! My husband and I went back for a visit and a friend recommended Bel Air Cantina to us. We stopped by there around 2pm on a Saturday and it was packed! (Shows me the food is probably good!) We sat at the bar and had great service and amazing tacos! The atmosphere was cool (has a Cali-surfer vibe) and they played great music. Fun place to go for lunch (and I'm sure for dinner) on a weekend with friends or spouse!