“Go for tacos at lunch”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Bel Air is a great place for an informal lunch. The restaurant is small, but they do have a large outdoor patio as well. Their tacos ($2.00 on Tuesday's and Thursday's) are unique and delicious.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Very good Mexican food choices. Great Taco Sunday Brunch from 11- 3. They have about 15 different types of Tacos on the menu. I had Habanero Pork & Ninja Pork Tacos. Good flavor with added Cilantro. The Black Beans & Rice were topper with fried plantain. We had a pitcher of Margaritas. That was the best Margaritas I've had in a long time. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Belair is a really interesting place. Interesting, creative, varied taco choices - that you can mix and match. All four of the ones we tried were quite good, used fresh ingredient, and certainly didn't skimp on the fillings. The soppa pollo wasn't quite what we expected (thought it would be more like tortilla soup) but wasn't bad.

We were about 30 years older than the average age of the folks in there (a 20s sort of vibe) but it was still welcoming and fine. We'll definitely go back.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We loved the atmosphere, food and helpfulness with gluten free. Most of their food is gluten free with no adjustments. Our food was yummy. The meat options are limited for gf but my husband had several different meat tacos that he loved. I did not taste them of course. For my meal I had a tamale that was truly homemade and delicious and a seafood toastada. Both were good. They bring 3 sauces with your chips and all are good. I loved the tequila flights. Try the anejo Kah, which I liked best. They have many more to try in future visits.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went on a Thurs night to take advantage of the $2 tacos and beers, for a budget-conscious team outing. The food is good, and service was notably attentive, just know you're going to have to wait if going on a deal night. The spicy chicken was popular at our table; I liked the sweet corn and black beans (and I'm not usually choosing the vegetarian option). Arriving at 5:30 it was a 30+ min wait, and when we left after 8 pm the server reported it was currently a 90 min wait. You get chips and salsa with dinner, three options in fact, from mild to spicy. We had the quesadilla appetizer and then everyone had 3 tacos from the $2 list (you buy 3 you get rice and beans) -- which comes with choice of tortilla (corn or flour) and beans. Looking forward to the location that's due to open in Wauwatosa in Q2!