“Always a delightful surprise”
Review of Odd Duck

Odd Duck
Ranked #18 of 1,571 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Odd Duck serves an ever changing eclectic small plate menu with a focus on local ingredients and international inspiration!
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Just that....a delightful surprise every visit. I am never quite sure what I am eating, but know it will be delicious. Service is wonderful and so friendly. You feel like family there and feel free to ask about any item on the menu or just try it...you will like it!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

The space is relatively small, but open and tastefully done. I like the exposed brick that anchors the longest wall. It is a small space though, and quite popular. We visited on a Tuesday evening, and found a full house. Nonetheless, our table was ready, and operations seemed to be moving smoothly. The wait staff was hustling, but the time between visits to our table didn't seem excessive. Our waiter was knowledgeable about both the evening's food and the extensive beer and wine list. So far so good.

The Odd Duck's focus is fresh ingredients, locally-sourced as much as possible, and small plates. The menu changes constantly, so any visit is a bit of an adventure. Our group had 7 of the small plate dishes among us, and each of them seemed better than the last. Interesting and unusual combinations of flavors, and the number we ordered was more than enough for us. Dessert and French-press coffee rounded out the evening.

The one factor that detracted from my experience was the noise level, which was loud enough that our conversation was difficult to follow at times. Otherwise a very enjoyable evening of delightful food and drink.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Twenty ingredients in one tapas dish is no guarantee of wonderful taste and texture...or balance. Sometimes the palette needs a place to rest for a bit. We ordered 6 or 7 dishes, and I found ALL of them to be over thought messes of a kitchen trying way too hard to touch upon every taste bud in a diner's mouth...simultaneously. Odd Duck makes it a point to advertise the local vendors who supply their fresh ingredients. So why not let some of these things shine? Service wasn't especially friendly, and in fact, the heavyset bartender was downright rude to our entire party as well as the hostess. Loved the setting and the ambiance, but won't be back for another adventure in culinary confusion.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

When my husband first took me here I wasn't sure I would like the menu, but each dish we ordered was better than the next. Their food is delicious and unique and the service has always been great. It is a small restaurant though, so make reservations or hope to sit at the bar.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Went to Odd Duck with great anticipation as this is a hard reservation to get. Small plates, and a few large plates. Shared 4 small plates amungst 3 of us and we were pleasantly full. I enjoyed the meal, but after a similar experience at a tappas restaurant near by, this was a slight dissapointment.
As my sister said, there were no OHHHHH, uhmmmmmmmmmsss after tasting the food.