“Really Great Cocktails !”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Odd Duck

Odd Duck
Ranked #27 of 1,503 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Odd Duck serves an ever changing eclectic small plate menu with a focus on local ingredients and international inspiration!
Rochester, Michigan
“Really Great Cocktails !”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Really, really great innovative cocktails using top shelf liquor and fresh blends of herbs, citrus, syrups, bitters, liqueurs (such as St Germain Elderflower, Chartreuse, etc) ... Wow !!!!!
All reasonably priced at $9 and you're getting a very special cocktail ... not some machine measured cheapo everyday drink ...
The small plate menu offers something for everybody to share and usually order more ...
Look forward to our next visit.

• Visited August 2013

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Superb find...if you can get a reservation!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is a great "small plates" restaurant with a great wine list, knowledgeable staff, and good ambiance. The first time we ate here was "at the bar" as there were no tables available. The bartender added to the fun as he was very cognizant of our vegetarian/gluten-free needs and kept us posted as to the progression of our plates. Our second visit was at a table (early dinner time) and it was just as fun. We are going back soon!

“BAD customer service!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

So I made reservations, our group showed up on time and the owner who was at the host stand that night made us wait...and wait...and wait. Thirty minutes later, and after she seated two other groups, I asked the owner when we would be seated she said with a snotty tone, "I'm sorry, but if you would like a table you will have to wait until another is available. You can eat at the bar or you can just leave". I told her that if this is how she runs her restaurant she won't be open for very long. Besides, there are so many other restaurants in Bayview, why go to one where the owner clearly does not value paying customers, especially ones who leave big tips and write reviews ALL THE TIME. I guess it was a blessing that we walked out. It was so loud in there you could not hear the person next to you. We went to Café Centraal and had a great meal with incredible service. Maybe Odd Duck should take a lesson from them...and the owner should fire herself.

4 Thank Beetsfordinner
“Snotty Hostess”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We attempted to dine at Odd Duck last night and made a late reservation for 8:15 PM. We arrived 45 minutes early and asked the hostess if it was possible to be seated early. The uptight woman, who later identified herself as the owner, spazzed out at the request and told us that we could eat at the bar if we wanted to or come back at 8:15. I suggested that she try to be a little more pleasant when delivering bad news to a customer and she told me that I was welcome to leave the restaurant. I cannot comment on the food but I can comment on the lack of hospitality this institution failed to provide. Even though she was unable to honor our request, her snotty, immature, and unprofessional attitude does not provide good modeling for her employees and does not promote customer loyalty! Needless to say I will not go back there and there are plenty of other options on the street. My prediction is if she continues to treat her customers with disrespect, she will not last in the competitive world of restaurants.

5 Thank Yvonne F
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fell in love!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Awesome food and awesome service! Went with my mom and kids and we all loved the food. My kids are adventurous eaters though. Not for the Mac and cheese crowd. Will return for sure next time we're in town!